Rounded Rectangle

Rounded Rectangle

a, hopefully useful, spline script.

Herbert

Rev 1: Changed radius to absolut instead of relative units on suggestion of Frank.
Rev 2: Added Parameter "Orientation" to select "X", "Y", "Z"

Attachments

• RoundedRect.jpg
    RoundedRect.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 1,387
  • Rounded_Rect_0_2.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,104
Last edited:
Hi Herbert,
you did it again: cool addition. Very useful.:icon_thumbup:
One thing though to adjust the Radius; is it possible to use units over %? I ask because using arrow keys&dragging is too slow.
Thank you.

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank,
thought it would be a christmas present for you.

Now: Does your question mean that you prefer normal units instead of relative units, as implemented?
This can certainly be done. In this case I would check internally that the radius is not larger than the minimum of (W,H)/2 and set it back if necessary.
Would this be fine?

Herbert

Hi Frank,
thought it would be a christmas present for you.

Now: Does your question mean that you prefer normal units instead of relative units, as implemented?
This can certainly be done. In this case I would check internally that the radius is not larger than the minimum of (W,H)/2 and set it back if necessary.
Would this be fine?

Herbert
Thank you.
Then I think I prefer units over percentage.:mrgreen:

Cheers
Frank

As such cracks in C3D find these tools useful, Martin might agree to expose more spline methods to scripting ;)

Thanks to all for the positive echo

Herbert

Hi Gilley,
these are not strange ringcuts, it is just the way C3D cuts a curve when making a parametric polygon editable.

Herb

Hey Herb

Ok, but I want to take the "cover" off. How can i select the whole cover if there are so many divisions?

Thanks for the feedback

gille

Mine´s still working. Your´s look like the rectangle coil.js script with 1 turn.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Roundedrect.png
    Roundedrect.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 456
You´re not the only one. I´m not sure where the "RoundedRectangular.js script came from. The "Rounded_Rect.js" still works here.

Cheers
Frank

Back