Cheetah3D 5.7 Preview

Cheetah3D 5.7 Preview

Hi,
here is a small preview on what I'm working for Cheetah3D 5.7. The next update will finally get the long promised and often wished new preferences window. With much more customization possibilities of course.

More screenshots of the preferences window will be added as I progress.

Bye
Martin

P.S. Cheetah3D 5.7 will be a free update.

Attachments

• Cheetah3DSchnappschuss008.png
    Cheetah3DSchnappschuss008.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,630
  • Cheetah3DSchnappschuss006.png
    Cheetah3DSchnappschuss006.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Cheetah3DSchnappschuss007.png
    Cheetah3DSchnappschuss007.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,281
  • Cheetah3DSchnappschuss012.png
    Cheetah3DSchnappschuss012.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 923
Last edited:
Not the most essential feature, but many of us will like it a lot!:icon_thumbup:

Maybe not the most essential but it fulfills dozens of wishes. So it was a little bit overdue.

And the preferences window will probably not be the only new feature in 5.7.:wink:

Bye
Martin

Perspektive rendering with straight vertikal lines (5.7 wish)

> used for architectural renderings

This is to eliminate the need to set eyepoint and focal point on same height, which is an unusable method for arch perspectives. (i.e in birds view)

...any chance to introduce this feature one day ?

Also, are there any plans to further improve the rendering engine in the near future ?

Thx

sebmo

This is to eliminate the need to set eyepoint and focal point on same height, which is an unusable method for arch perspectives. (i.e in birds view)

If I understand it right this effect can't be totally eliminated since this perspective effect is depth depended.

I think such things can be better corrected in Photoshop.

Also, are there any plans to further improve the rendering engine in the near future ?

My focus is currently more on the modeling and animation tools. And the UI of course. But I also have big plans for the render. But not for 5.7 or 5.8.

Sorry.

Bye
Martin

If I understand it right this effect can't be totally eliminated since this perspective effect is depth depended.

I think such things can be better corrected in Photoshop.

My focus is currently more on the modeling and animation tools. And the UI of course. But I also have big plans for the render. But not for 5.7 or 5.8.

Sorry.

Bye
Martin

Looks good. For 5.7, will new modeling and animation tools appear, or did you mean the Render won't be for 5.7 and .8? Really looking forward to the rigging tools your working on.

Enjoying the snapping to surface tools a lot. I wonder if there's a way to make every point of an object snap to a surface instead of just the pivot point? That would be something to see if it's possible. Even so, this is already a great feature. Thanks again Martin.

Hi,
here is a small preview on what I'm working for Cheetah3D 5.7. The next update will finally get the long promised and often wished new preferences window. With much more customization possibilities of course.

More screenshots of the preferences window will be added as I progress.

Bye
Martin

P.S. Cheetah3D 5.7 will be a free update.

*like* :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: ;-)

Nice addition Martin, so quickly after releasing 5.6 too!

Personally I like the thinner edges that modelers like Silo use to display in the 3d viewport when working in point, edge or face mode - always found Cheetah's to be a little too thick. Probably just me though!

Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• silo.gif
    silo.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 619
  • cheetah.gif
    cheetah.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 617
Personally I like the thinner edges that modelers like Silo use to display in the 3d viewport when working in point, edge or face mode - always found Cheetah's to be a little too thick. Probably just me though!

Keep up the good work!

well, that is why I like cheetah^^. thinner edges look really nice, but thicker ones are better to work with :)

Back