Using Particle Array

Using Particle Array

Here's my latest tutorial which shows you how to create an image using a particle array, again it's pretty much aimed at beginners.

Hope you like it!

http://vimeo.com/16715151

Here's an example of the kind of thing you can create with this tutorial...

If you create anything interesting from this tutorial it would be great if you post it in the forum

Attachments

• particle-arrays.jpg
    particle-arrays.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 715
Last edited:
1: get a box
2. make editable
3. select all edges
4. call bevel tool and apply by click&drag
5. add Subdivisions modifier

Like so?

Cheers
Frank

If you still don't have any joy with this method you could always make a ring cut close to each edge for a similar effect.

I understand the concept of doing the bevels... but what are the settings of the bevels.. subdivisions and quantize..

I played around with them, and now don't know what to set them at....

I understand the concept of doing the bevels... but what are the settings of the bevels.. subdivisions and quantize..

Hi John, on the tutorial I just left them at their default settings which was...

Subdivs: 1
Quantize: 0.0

I then just clicked once in the 3d viewport without holding and dragging.

Hopefully that helps

Just leave them at default.
Subdivs means how many iteration you want (once the bevel tool will be expanded to a chamfer tool you need more Subdivs to get rounded bevel for instance - like in the extrude creator)
Quantize: means you can set a value so you just click&drag and have a defined amount. Nothing more - nothing less.

Cheers
Frank

My attempt

Thanks again for the tutorial Novolume!
Here's my attempt. Obviously I wanted more, but I was getting too many collisions:tongue:

(ignore the lighting and stuff, I know the render sucks, I just wanted a hack at some particles)

Erin

Attachments

• Money2.jpg
    Money2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 401
Hey Erin, thanks for posting - really good to see you taking the tutorial and going your own way with it. Avoiding collision is quite difficult and sometimes almost unavoidable, even when you think you've solved it one will turn up on the render!

Back