Time is Precious

Time is Precious

Hi guys,
It's been a long, very long time since my last post in the gallery section...
I i haven't used C3D for months now (i miss it a lot).
So here is a little something i did months ago, hope you like it!
Hopefully i'll post new stuff very soon

Cheers
Christian

Attachments

• zoom_22.jpg
    zoom_22.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 531
  • zoom_23.jpg
    zoom_23.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 542
hey Christian!
nice to hear from you again... excellent stuff (as usual) :icon_thumbup:
may I ask what did you use to model the watch, specially the gears?

please, keep up posting your works!

cheers,
A

thanx guys,
the internal mechanism is not my own design, it belong to a amazing German watchmaker company : A. Lange & Söhne.

being given that at the time, I was a beginner on C3D, I drew the gears in illustrator, then used the extrude fonction in C3D piece by piece :tongue:

Christian

Last edited:
This is truly a masterpiece :icon_thumbup:
Can you explain a bit about your setup, materials, lighting and anything else you might want to share?
Great stuff!

Awesome Job!

If you hadn't posted it in the C3D Forum I'd have thought it was real!
BTW, is this something you did for fun or did you do it for Vanessa? :D

-- Jhhl

Thank you very much for the positive feedback :D

@ Andreu & gnmsly :
I'm not very good with explanations, so how about i give you guys the main materials, the info about the set up. And concerning the lighting, there is none! only a studio HDRI. If you need any other info, just ask me :smile:

@ jhhl : This is actualy the first prototype for a new collection, let's hope there'll be more watches to come in the future :wink:

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 297
  • Materials.zip
    58.9 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
thanks for sharing your settings Christian.
I still find hard to believe how realistic your renders are using only AO instead of radiosity (mine look always fake with AO :redface: )
did you make the HDRi yourself or is something you found in the web? I got many studio hdris but never seen this one...

cheers,
A

thanks for sharing your settings Christian.
I still find hard to believe how realistic your renders are using only AO instead of radiosity (mine look always fake with AO :redface: )
did you make the HDRi yourself or is something you found in the web? I got many studio hdris but never seen this one...

cheers,
A

That's a good point Alessandro, i'll do a Radiosity render, just to see if there is any improvements, i'll let you know... And i think this HDRI is a free one, i'm not sure, but if it's free, i'll post it for you guys.

Christian

Edit : That's weird, no difference between the AO and the Radiosity render...

Last edited:
Back