Animate Active Camera

Animate Active Camera

Hi,

I am working on an animated film and I would like to have the animation switch between multiple (4-ish) cameras at different times in the animation. I tried adding in keyframes that keyed the 'activeCamera' parameter of the camera, but that didn't seem to do anything. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am working on an animated film and I would like to have the animation switch between multiple (4-ish) cameras at different times in the animation. I tried adding in keyframes that keyed the 'activeCamera' parameter of the camera, but that didn't seem to do anything. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks.

Hi,

This is not working exactly the way it should and Martin has this on his list. But there are ways around; see this thread. In short, go into the f-curve editor window and make sure you have a key for each ON (value=1) and each OFF (value=0) for each camera. You will have to manually edit the value. See below

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 577
I no longer see "record activeCamera" in the animation camera properties.

Has this been removed and if so, is there now another way to animate between multiple cameras?

Hi,

I no longer see "record activeCamera" in the animation camera properties.

Has this been removed and if so, is there now another way to animate between multiple cameras?

Yes, for various reasons, that has been removed.
But with the help of the pose tag and keyframes, you can do the same things with one camera. Unless you have very specific needs.

Unless you have very specific needs.
No. I was just doing some animation tests and thought animating multiple cameras shots instead of a single camera in different positions would be a quicker way of composing the sequence.

... a single camera in different positions would be a quicker way of composing the sequence.

Use the pose tag for that :
- position your camera / render to preview eventually / once satisfy , record pose to easily come back to that position. Don't forget to keyframe the necessary parameters
- repeat as much as you want
- use the spline tracking tag too if necessary
- when everything is set, render the animation

Back