Faux Volumetrics

thanks everyone for the kind words :smile:

totally agree that having real volumetrics, sss, displacement etc would be great.
and there's something in the pipeline i think what i'm awaiting very patiently cause there's so much to discover still in v5.
being a bit concerned though how slowly the community is adapting the new node system, there's not much showing up in the gallery section, not to mention the official gallery which seems to be kinda abandoned regardless what we create over here ...

...being a bit concerned though how slowly the community is adapting the new node system, there's not much showing up in the gallery section, not to mention the official gallery which seems to be kinda abandoned regardless what we create over here ...
Yeah tell me about it, I was hoping that my monastery would find its way there ;)
Anyway, about the node thing, I'm sure things will change once we get some decent documentation. Until then, I ain't touching no stinkin' state node :D

I like Blitz3D's automated gallery. Anyone can upload and any member can vote once on any entry, so the good stuff simply floats to the top.

Anyway, about the node thing, I'm sure things will change once we get some decent documentation. Until then, I ain't touching no stinkin' state node :D

when the thing got released wihout docs i was pretty frustrated but podperson said one needs to play with it and then meshman had the glorious idea of pig-painting, totally irresistible, which has helped me developing some skills over time, so i'm always pushing everyone to participate.
on the other hand this learning by trial and error is mainly intuitive and difficult to share, but once i have a new mac (i hope apple delivers in january), instead of waiting for docs i plan to do a tutorial by myself, trying to share what i found out so far.
momentarily i'm struggling to make sense of the eye property of the state node ...

FYI -- the eye property is the vector pointing from the point on the surface being rendered to the camera. (I thought I documented that.)

BTW wish I'd remembered your candle with faux SSS before I wrote made a far inferior version when writing a chapter on something similar in my book.

Back