Decorated pig

Decorated pig

Hi guys, I've been messing around with the new material engine and having a lot of fun painting the pig :) I guess it's a bit like those cows, lions, bears, you see in cities all over that have been plonked on a street corner and painted by various people. Anyway, I liked this one so thought I'd post it. If anyone else fancies painting a pig please feel free to follow up on this one :)

Attachments

• pig.jpg
    pig.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 8,499
Woah! Not sure what is in your beer! :)

I decided to wrap this one in bobbly tin foil

Attachments

• pig3.jpg
    pig3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 8,779
Hey Archie, how come when I drop your Picasso material on the pig it looks like this?

My material attached.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 8,243
  • groove02.c3dmat.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,431
Hey Archie, how come when I drop your Picasso material on the pig it looks like this?

hi terry,

sorry that i didn't mention, but the material is to be scaled in the mat tag to 0.1, 0.1, 0.1 i think (i'm on my main system now and have no access to c3d v5).
if that doesn't help come back please and i'll have a closer look.

- archie

Ah, I see, thanks Archie. Yes that makes a huge difference. :smile:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 8,207
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 8,181
No!
I spent all of last summer chasing around Bath and its surrounding villiages looking for damn painted pigs!!!! There was over 100 of the things in the end. cost me a lot of film!!!

No!
I spent all of last summer chasing around Bath and its surrounding villiages looking for damn painted pigs!!!! There was over 100 of the things in the end. cost me a lot of film!!!

I think that started in NYC. I remember years ago there were hundreds of painted cows all over the city. Brightens up the day though. :smile:

Oh no doubt, the first time i saw one i was look, oh, whats this then, then I started to see more and my obsessive nature kicked in and i had to get pics of each one. I think i ended up with, both on film and digital perhaps close to a 1000 images of 100+ pigs.

Just tracking them and finding the time to photograph them was a nightmare. Apparently they are thinking of doing lions next year.

Oh no doubt, the first time i saw one i was look, oh, whats this then, then I started to see more and my obsessive nature kicked in and i had to get pics of each one. I think i ended up with, both on film and digital perhaps close to a 1000 images of 100+ pigs.

Just tracking them and finding the time to photograph them was a nightmare. Apparently they are thinking of doing lions next year.

Yes, at first I thought painted cows, what's the point? Then I realized, FUN, is the point, they're just kind of nice to have around. Look forward to seeing the lions. If they get to London that is.

For what it's worth, a couple of materials. :smile:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 2,685
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 2,643
  • Materials.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,126
I like this sky (material with orange striped pig). Might be nice to have a bunch of variations, maybe even a nice sunset? :smile:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 3,516
Back