Back with another Question.(bolt/screw threads?

Back with another Question.(bolt/screw threads?

I've tried twist but no luck, any help on making threads for bolts and screws? :?: :lol:

Re: Back with another Question.(bolt/screw threads?

uncle808us said:
I've tried twist but no luck, any help on making threads for bolts and screws? :?: :lol:

How about this ?

Attachments

• image_2_790.jpg
    image_2_790.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 912
I also tried to make a screw but I tried to use a triangle. Somehow the helix is twisting my triangle. It seems to "bank" during rotation. See attachment, is this a bug? Martin, do you have an answer to this?

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• picture_2_162.png
    picture_2_162.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 879
Nuts ´n Bolts ´n Screws, Chapter One

Hi
You will love this - til Martin rewrite the sweeptool to correct the torsion Peer mentioned.
Start with a tall box divide y=66, x+z=15. Make editable. Get the "twister", stretch it to same height as box and set the angle to 1440. Throw it in the box.
Not so bad yet? :wink:
For the tapered thread use the "tapertool". Ad a cylinder for screwhead and put it with the box in a folder, so you´ll be able to change it as you like later on.
nuts_n_bolts__n_screws_516.jpg

With kindest regards
Frank 8)

Last edited:
My first try at what Frank said.

Thanks I got this far but I'm not satisfied as of yet. I need some refinement. I'll keep working on it. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Last edited:
Hi,
I just stumbled over a skrew also created by Cheetah3D on tg_jp webpage

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/

I think he also got a quite nice one.

The problem to create a skrew with the sweep tool has already a quite high priority on my v3.x feature list. It's actually not a bug but more a missing features which corrects the torison of the spline along the path.

By,
Martin

Just curious... is the sweep torsion corrected in 5.5? I started out trying to create a screw with the helix and a triangle similar to the approach of the original poster in this thread, and I seem to be having the same issue. Meantime, I'll try the workaround suggested by Frank Beckmann, the results look pretty good.

Thanks!

Just curious... is the sweep torsion corrected in 5.5

Aunt Edith says: "The sweet anti-torsion sweep feature is called "Rotate sweep" now.

Aunt Edith adds: "The sweep-creator got now a "Maintain Profile" parameter, which is tremendously helpful with profiles swept along open splines now. Check it out!"

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Back