OBJ Importer.js

OBJ Importer.js

hello,

this is importer for OBJ file with multi material assignments. for a file from Poser or Ivy generator.

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=47

ch_20090411_oi_ss.jpg

DEMO MOVIE (YouTube) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enbf2djoCpU

UPDATED 20090412: optimized speed, added progress info at Console view.
UPDATED 20090413: material import improved.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch.

Wow - and another great addition from script-wizard Hiroto.:icon_thumbup:

(Uncle Bob will love this one especially.)

Regards
Frank

Aunt Edith says: "Cheetah3d v6 has a native OBJ importer implemented."

Last edited:
This is great, I was needing this exactly right now, Thanks Hiroto :icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup:

AaronC

I havent tried it just yet but I noticed the download arrived without the .zip extension? renaming it fixed it up , but I just thought Id mention it..

AaronC

Just used it!

Wow - and another great addition from script-wizard Hiroto.:icon_thumbup:

(Uncle Bob will love this one especially.)

Regards
Frank

It is a great script very nice. Just what I needed.Thanks Hiroto.:icon_thumbup:I have a question though. I don't see the progress report what window do you see them in? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I havent tried it just yet but I noticed the download arrived without the .zip extension? renaming it fixed it up , but I just thought Id mention it..

Umm. now it works properly. if the file didn't work, please download it again.

> uncle808us

thank you for your comment. :D

the latest version is OBJ Importer.js_20090413.zip, the first version had a lot of bug. please use the latest one.
about Console view, please see attached pic. usually, I choose custom layout when I use scripts.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• Cheetah3D_sz_001.jpg
    Cheetah3D_sz_001.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,384
Last edited:
Thanks figured it out...

Hi,

Umm. now it works properly. if the file didn't work, please download it again.

> uncle808us

thank you for your comment. :D

the latest version is OBJ Importer.js_20090413.zip, the first version had a lot of bug. please use the latest one.
about Console view, please see attached pic. usually, I choose custom layout when I use scripts.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

:smile: Thanks This is so useful.

bug with 5.0?

Hi Hiroto,
with C3D 5.03 i got an error in Line 362 :)= couldn't find colorColor parameter). Geometry is imported fine, the problem is only about materials (as expected with the new MatSystem...). i'm tryin' an .obj file that worked fine with 4.7.

thanks in advice,
regards,
Alessandro

p.s.: great materials preview in your blog!

Last edited:
hi, thank you for reporting.

yes, some of scripts that I wrote doesn't work correctly with new material system of 5.0. To fix it, I have to wait that Martin will update script system. ;)

till that, you have to add material manually.

p.s.: great materials preview in your blog!

thanks. :)

regards

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hi Hiroto, I just noticed this was not working. I wonder if the new javascript engine makes it easy for you to fix?

Thanks again for your great help

AaronC

Hi, thanks for reporting.

due to script engine change, some code of this script didn't work properly.

I fixed that problem temporarily, so please update it.

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=47

still, material import function doesn't work, but geometry will be imported with polygon selection for multi material assignment. please next update.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

To anyone following this one I've asked Hiroto about the possibility of updating this script but it's currently not possible

Hi,

thank you for asking this. actually some japanese user wants too; good .mtl importer. so, I will update if script will get material accessing API. ;)

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Back