render preview option

render preview option

It would be great if, after you set up you scene and are ready to render, that you could draw a small window over the scene to define a certain area to do a test render.

I usually have one or two places in render where I need to get right for the whole thing to look great and it is a bit of a time waster to have to render the whole image to just check a few places.

Since I know nothing about programing, I have no idea if this is even possible, but it sure would be great.

It would be great if, after you set up you scene and are ready to render, that you could draw a small window over the scene to define a certain area to do a test render.

I usually have one or two places in render where I need to get right for the whole thing to look great and it is a bit of a time waster to have to render the whole image to just check a few places.

Since I know nothing about programing, I have no idea if this is even possible, but it sure would be great.

I second this! I think Max has this ability?

I have it on good authority :D that this is coming. I've been breaking Martin's nuts over this one since before the Wish List Forum was born!!!

And have you ever noticed that the area you're most interested in is always in the last part of the last render strip?

Now, I am getting excited! This would be an awesome addition to Cheetah.

Go, Martin, go (I hope Tim hasn't been too hard on you:smile: )

Cheers, Chuck

I also wish for this... I've seen this feature in Renderworks, and it's very useful.

Maybe this will be easier now that V4b2 has bucket rendering.

I just hope it's soon. I've spent the last 2/3 days just testing different render settings!

I hear ya. If you had a deadline for a client that would be very bad.

I went to visit a friend who does inhouse Archviz for a huge Architecture firm and he said if I can't get a good preview in a few minutes I can't work.

Hi,
I've already started work on that feature but to do it right it might take some time to get all the multi-threading done. So this feature is also very high on my personal todo list.

Bye,
Martin

I would also like this feature to be added in the new version ,would save out a lot of waiting time , so Martin ........Go for it .......:wink:

Kenneth

Back