Billboard.js

Billboard.js

hello.

this is Polygon script ( into ../scripts/Polygonobj folder), for making simple Billboard object.

download -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=27

ch_20070508_tree.jpg

tg_jp, Hiroto.

hey sorry to be a bother but i was wondering how to make a tree, if you could show me that would be great but you don't have to, its just that im a bit of a noob.
cheers,

hi,

if you want a real tree, you'd better to use with another software or scripts for making a tree object. but it needs more polygon counts, more memory, etc..

I used Transparency map for clipping Tree shape. (same as Hair scene that you asked. ;) )

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• wood1_trans.jpg
    wood1_trans.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,774
  • wood1_dif.jpg
    wood1_dif.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,774
  • ch_20070605_woods.jpg
    ch_20070605_woods.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,802
Thanks for the script.

Without using this script, when I tried making billboard trees with alpha channels/transparencies, I add 20 or more trees one behind the other, and upon rendering, black borders begin to show up around my trees, as if the transparent parts are turning black and no longer transparent. Seems as if there's a limit to how many transparencies can be stacked behind each other in rendering, but not in OpenGL, which maintains the transparency. When the trees are reduced to say maybe 10, the black border squares are gone around the tree planes, and regular transparencies return.

EDIT: Resolved by increasing maximum Ray Depth to 24 (from 6) in the Render Preferences.

Last edited:
Back