Kaleidoscope model: not what you´re thinking now.

Kaleidoscope model: not what you´re thinking now.

Hi.
This is some useless but nevertheless fun. The guy who first came up with this called it "kaleidoscope modelling". Guess why;-) It´s very very simple done within seconds, by extruding, inner extruding, normal move+scale in point or polygon mode. But whatever appears it always look pretty nice from an aesthetic point of view.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• 16ModelleA.jpg
    16ModelleA.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,251
Nice

Hmm... I like the 2nd row down and the third to the left. They look fun to make. What were your textures or did you texture paint them? I still don't know how to texture paint:( :confused:. I hope it's somthing simple that I'm missing.

Greg

Please excuse my ignorance, but could you be a little more detailed in your explanation of how you created these?

Hi Roger.
The thing is too simple for any illustrational instruction.
So this is the unpretentious setup:
Snap a box divide it into 6by6by6 segments and make it editable. Throw the sudivision modifier in, set to 3 or 4 iterations. Apply the directional material to the box and choose " Point mode". Select every point and choose "Normal move". Ready?

A: Now left click and drag the mouse backwards till the box look like pumped up. Stop.
B: Left click and drag the mouse towards till the box collapsed. Stop. Repeat step A. Stop. Repeat step B. A again and so on. You will never get twice the same results so don´t forget to take a photo from time to time. You got it?
Have fun.
With kindest regards
Frank

Very Cool!!

Hi Roger.
A: Now left click and drag the mouse backwards till the box look like pumped up. Stop.
B: Left click and drag the mouse towards till the box collapsed. Stop. Repeat step A. Stop. Repeat step B. A again and so on. You will never get twice the same results so don´t forget to take a photo from time to time. You got it?
Have fun.
With kindest regards
Frank

Frank you've given me quite a bit of entertainment with this one.

Back