Tutorial: Map T-Pose BVH to None-T-Pose model

Tutorial: Map T-Pose BVH to None-T-Pose model

Hello,

This is my first tutorial, let's begin.

We need some BVH files, I use The Motionbuilder-friendly BVH Conversion Release of CMU's Motion Capture Database.

These BVH files are all of T pose in the first keyframe, but my model is None-T-Pose, the figure stands straight, I will share my experience in this tutorial.

Firstly, let's slightly modify Hiroto's BVH Importer.js, search the line of 'rotVal = [ rot.x, rot.y, rot.z ];', then insert the following lines just before this line.
-------------------------------------------------
switch(motionList.target.getParameter("name")) {
case "LeftArm":
rot.z += 90.0;
break;
case "RightArm":
rot.z -= 90.0;
break;
case "LeftUpLeg":
rot.z += 20.0;
break;
case "RightUpLeg":
rot.z -= 20.0;
break;
default:
break;
}
-------------------------------------------------
These lines will correct the original animation data to fit my None-T-Pose model.

Save the modified script, run the script, check 'bone only', click 'import BVH' button, choose any of the BVH files, one T pose skeleton will be loaded.

Just use the move operation(do not use the rotate operation) to move the joints to fit your None-T-Pose model, then skin your model.

Finally we attach some animation clips to the skeleton, run the script again, click 'attach motion' button, you can attach any of the BVH files as the animation.

Click the 'Run' button on the timeline of Cheetah3D to test the animations to see if they are correct, they should be all right.

Cheers.

Art

Attachments

• 2014-12-03 9.05.36.png
    2014-12-03 9.05.36.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,590
Last edited:
Back