Cheetah3D at Twitter

Read today on Twitter that there was an update for Cheetah and I have tried to find it to no avail. Any chance you can tell me where to find it. Please. :smile:

Depending on where you bought look up in the MAS or here under Download:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• DownloadCheetah3d.png
    DownloadCheetah3d.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 565
Reply to post

I rarely need to scroll a Cheetah website window all the way to the bottom. I never knew the download button was in the bottom corner...

Thank you for the free update again!
Is there a way to make a donation, this is now the second update, i got since i bought it.

cheers
s.

Thank you for the free update again!
Is there a way to make a donation, this is now the second update, i got since i bought it.

Your welcome and thanks for your offer. But that really isn't necessary.

.x Updates were always free and will always be free.:smile:

Bye
Martin

downloading 6.2

When I try to open the download of the Cheetah 6.2.dmg from the Cheetah website I get an error message when trying to open it that the .dmg is not recognized, is this a common problem?

Regards,

Mike

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 11.23.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 11.23.19 PM.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 431
I know Martin is incredibly busy improving Cheetah but it would be really good if the official Twitter account was a bit more active, with tweets showcasing good models/renders, useful scripts, talking about features, improvements etc. I personally think it would be a great way to attract new users and get a bit more attention for Cheetah. One man can only do so much though I guess!

:smile: I appreciate the encouragement Laikix

NOT to the fault of Cheetah 3D - If it wasn’t for Cheetah 3D and the help on the forum and other offered tutorials, manuals and videos I’d never have gotten as far as I have - I purchased Cheetah over a year ago and haven’t completed modeling and animating a character yet. I am an extreme slow learner. My little pea brain often gets information twisted. Many times I don’t know how to ask or what key words to use to search for help and don’t understand the help offered. Some nights after trying all day to accomplish something and haven’t gotten anywhere I actually cry in frustration. . . but I don’t want to give up. I am so fascinated with animation and I want to make very short non-profit movies using cute characters to give short encouraging lessons about life.

Again, if it weren't for Cheetah 3D and the help on the forum I would NOT have gotten as far as I have.

I agree Perseverance is the key to success (success = accomplishing your goals be they small or large.)

My Very Best Regards
Jeanny

:D Thanks Uncle808us

Your reply is so kind and encouraging. Your reply makes me feel like I have a special family in the Cheetah 3D Forum. Hah! I even feel like you are one of my uncles.

Right now I’m bound and determined to redo my Corn Cob Man and then I’m going to work on the main characters of my short movies (two little fluffy dogs). I will then be purchasing a bunch of your objects for props in some of my movies. I’ve been to your web site. Wow! I love your style.

Sounds like I’ve got big dreams - but why not? When I say short movies I really mean short. . . more like commercials - but instead of selling a product I just want to remind people, including myself to be kind to each other. I figured I could post them on You Tube and there is a small local public access TV station that has to air whatever you give them for free. I think that is pretty neat. I'm intending to credit the Cheetah Forum then.

Thanks again I’ll take your advise.

Hope some day I can really help other Cheetah 3D’ers

My Best Regards :smile:
Jeanny

I agree with making shorts, they are more simple and take less time to render. With them one can make humorous scenes. Also, I guess I can say, “Welcome to the Cheetah 3D family.”

:D Thanks Laikix for the encouragement and the Welcome.
May you succeed in your endeavors.

My Best Wishes
Jeanny

I'd like to chime in to encourage everyone (even Martin!) to standardize on a #cheetah3d hashtag on any post related to Cheetah3D. This makes it easier for Twitter users to find relevant posts.

It might even be enough for me to dust off my Twitter account, but probably not. :) I will say something about it on the wiki Community page though, since apparently, some people actually like Twitter. ;)

Back