render problem

render problem

Hello. I have a problem when I render the spokes of the rim I'm working on. Is there a work around for this issue?
I've taken a snap shot of how it was created (browser window) if this helps.
Thanks for your time - Regards Craig from Oz

Attachments

• Rim.jpg
    Rim.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 286
  • browser.jpg
    browser.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 289
Hi nice work.

One suggestion is, Save work to a new file, double click spoke 1, therefore making it geometry, then set the normal angle to 180. Should smooth things out a bit.

Just an idea, be sure to save as first, or get ready to backtrack with undo..

AC

I think you should apply the shear modifier after double clicking spoke 1 (as Targos suggested).

Regards,

Peter

Hi.
Oz is back again ;)
This is very very strange and goes to the beloved company Adobe :frown:
I think the picture is telling the truth anyway:

Attachments

• AIpdf-Issue.jpeg
    AIpdf-Issue.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 271
Hi,
the problem is probably that the spline was exported twice. Once as a stroke and once filled. That causes the spline to be imported twice by Cheetah3D.
So you have two identical splines which will be extruded which generate two polygon layers which cause depth fighting.

If you draw the spline either stroked or filled it should import fine into Cheetah3D. But don't draw it stroked and filled.

Bye,
Martin

If you draw the spline either stroked or filled it should import fine into Cheetah3D. But don't draw it stroked and filled.
Oooops. Never heard about that. "Filled stroke" or "stroked" ok.
Again, I think it´s an Illustrator issue because Intaglio and others don´t export a filled stroke like AI does. And it´s own svg exporter works just fine.
That´s one reason I find the svg file format more advanced for 3d related things. Even the ai file format will work better. (if not compressed;but one simple shape will occupy 1MB harddisc space then for a strange reason ;-( )

With kindest regards
Frank

A big thank you

Thanks so much for the replies. I'll try the svg from the same illustrator file and then share my findings and we'll go from there.
Thanks once again - Craig

You are gurus

Thanks guys
Only filled or only stroked illustrator pdf or svg
example attached
Thanks so much. I never thought about illustrator being the issue.

Attachments

• ai paths.jpg
    ai paths.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 240
Back