format problem

format problem

hi
i am having a problem with getting the format of a model to change and since i have not done this before i do not no what to do.
the format is lwo.

For some reason, Cheetah has no online help page regarding file import and export, etc.

According to the Cheetah3d "about" pages LWO is supported:

http://www.cheetah3d.com/about_5.php

I found a random LWO file, downloaded it, and attempted to open it, and got a "Cheetah 3d does not support LWO2 files" error message. So ... there you go. I think that the page should probably be a little clearer on this.

I'd suggest that if you can get the file into FBX format somehow (e.g. using Lightwave), you'll probably have less trouble.

Hi.
I´m not quite sure what you´re after. Do you want to export to lwo or is your model a lwo file? Cheetah3d can´t export to lwo and is not supporting lwo2 files (same ".lwo"-extension) . You can try Blender for a conversion. If you´re not able I can try to convert it for you (without any warranty ;-) )

With kindest regards
Frank

Hi,
cheetah3d currently only loads low1 files. low2 files can't be loaded directly by Cheetah3D yet. So to get the file into Cheetah3D you first have to find another app with which you can convert low2 to lwo1, FBX or any other filetype Cheetah3D can load.

Bye,
Martin

Back