fourth Peugeot Design Competition

fourth Peugeot Design Competition

In case anyone is interested ( the car nuts of you out there) the 4th comp to design a new Peugeot concept car is live and entries close on the 4th of Dec

It's a good chance to give Cheetah a good bashing with the slines and meshes

I'm gonna have another go...but beware, the competition is very fierce and the entries last year where unbelivably brillient it left my car in the dust...

http://www.peugeot-concours-design.com/en/

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• pc4.jpg
    pc4.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 470
No point, I've got it won!

Oh -- funny the page is titled "Document Sans Nom" (Untitled Document ... but it's actually named that :) )

Nice surfaces Luke ... I look forward to seeing the finished model.

Attachments

• cute car.jpg
    cute car.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Well, I'll be rooting for you luke but I think that is a little bit ahead of my skills.:D I thought the one with the built in xbox 360 was pretty cool.:smile:
How dose the voting work? Is there a panel of judges or do we get to vote? From your car model last year I'd say you have pretty good chance.

keep up the good work,
Greg

Last edited:
I think if you look at the 20 runners up from last year, there are some really good entries, but there's quite a dip in model quality even in the runners up, so I hope to see Luke in the winners' circle spraying champagne over the other guys ;-)

Well I might have another crack at it...but I think the judges are looking for something zany and cultish and a genuine new direction that maybe some of their future models will adopt.

I fear I might be a little too conservative for the comp. So the younger guys on this forum should have a crack at though.

And Podperson...your a games man you would have a good insight to the xbox side of things.

Regards

Luke

Oh, I can't await to see the final car. I'm sure it will become a beauty.

And it would be fantastic of course to see and entry made with Cheetah3D at the competition.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

P.S. Maybe you could keep us up to date as the development of the car evolves.

Oh, I can't await to see the final car. I'm sure it will become a beauty.

And it would be fantastic of course to see and entry made with Cheetah3D at the competition.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

P.S. Maybe you could keep us up to date as the development of the car evolves.

I will Martin, thanks for the push :)

not getting very far with this one

Well I don't think I'm going to make the deadline on this, as I not sure that I'm happy with the work in progress, but as I started the thread, I thought that I might as well share where I'm at with it and it it might lead someone else to develop it on ?

But as always it's fun to work in Cheetah

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 243
I completely agree with Targos. The materials are a bit to reflective for my taste, but I do realize this is still WIP.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks guys...I think I will submit it, what the hell, don't try, don't get.

I also did a little test movie Eureka...You'll see it makes more sense here, the shiny bits.

http://www.bocchinelli.com/exos.html

I wanted an unrealistic concept look to the finish so the materials were kinda of creative licence and helped with the radiosity settings.

Attachments

• exos.jpg
    exos.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 215
Wrrroooooooooooom.
Hi Luke.
Very well done: nice modeling, nice animation, nice sound.
(just aside: how a driver can watch the street? Cool: the the front wheels will lift by acceleration ;-) )

Respectfully
Frank

Thanks Frank

Did you mean that front wheels are not on the ground. As I noticed that only after I rendered all the clips, smack on wrist to Luke for not checking the files properly. :)

Regards

Luke

Hi,
absolutely outstanding. Very well done.:icon_thumbup:

If you need someone to host it in its online gallery just tell me. :wink:

Bye,
Martin

Back