Cheetah3D in MacLife magazine

I'd agree with the guy. It's a great app. As far as Documentation goes, more would be really nice, but hey! you have the forum to fall back on.:smile:

Unsolicited Testimonial (First post)

I just paid for Cheetah3D after experimenting with the trial version for two weeks. I have been using 3D software for over ten years, starting with Ray Dream and Bryce. I am a hobby-level user, mainly interested in photorealistic images, not much animation. I have been modeling with Amapi for a few years, rendering in Bryce, which works pretty well, but I wanted radiosity and HDR image rendering. I bought Lightwave just for rendering, but got frustrated with its complexity and user-unfriendliness.

I remain 100% Macintosh, after 15 years and eight computers. Three words: SIMPLE AND POWERFUL. A Mac gets the job done, freeing my creativity and making it fun. Cheetah3D is also simple and powerful, with the basic tools necessary to make most models, and beautiful rendering options.

I like how Martin Wengenmayer keeps refining the product in response to user feedback on the forums. I will reserve my specific suggestions for other threads in the forum, but as the MacLife review mentions, the documentation is weak. Compensating for that is the active partcipation of users on the forum. I plan to make use of that, to get help, and, hopefully, to help others when I get proficient. Like any learning curve, it's frustrating at first, but worth the effort.

Thanks Martin, for making an almost-magical tool for creative people.

Manual

Don't agree with the magazine complaining about the menu!
the PDF version is very useful, I think the reviewer like myself previously just don't give it enough time to learn all the easy methods of doing stuff I am blown away by what Cheetah can do and how easy it makes it! compared to the mostly grey looking overly feature rich programs I looked at

Cheetah has most of all that its just hidden in contextual menus.

An no you won't find them without a some effort or even actually looking up the help menu.

336 pages should be enough and its very well written and laid out!
"Just because someone writes something that in itself does not make it correct or even valuable."

Thanks again for a great program that even shows the big boys how its done!

Last edited:
Hi Martin,

thanks a lot for that link - it is always nice to hear which and how many people find your app perfect, excellent and easy to use!

It's a pleasure to see and check out what you have fixed and bring in, in every new update/version.

And if I read this, the first thing came up in my mind was - how can one man handle all this - it's unbelievable.

Again great job!

And for the documentation ... I just need someone who could bind me the pdf as a "real" book! :)

cheers
Wolfgang

Hi Frank,

yes I know and I know how cool it will look if you can do this! :)

But I know how bussy you are as well - but ok let me check this out with Martin if it's ok to bind a book now or better to have to wait some time (when next update is coming).

(I want to have a book with the newest features if possible, perhaps Martin could let me know if the documentation will have changes)

But than ... I will drop an order ... hehehehehehe

Thanks in advance

cheers
Wolfgang

In addendum to mentions of books, manuals etc.. I look forward to the day when there's a 'Total Cheetah 3D' or 'Advanced learning Cheetah 3D' with a nice shiny cover, sitting alongside the adobe, maya, flash, 3d max books in my local bookshop. I think that would make Martin a very proud man, not that he's not proud now..he should be of course, cos Cheetah's pretty darn fine app (ok, ill stop rambling now)

Back