PathSelect.js

PathSelect.js

Hi.

This macro script selects the shortest path between 2 selected components.
Sample.png

Installation

Place the file into ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/Scripts/Macro/
and restart Cheetah 3D.

Usage
  1. Select just 2 components (points, edges or polygons),
  2. Run the script.

Enjoy!

Regards

View attachment PathSelect_1.0.0.zip

Thanks for the useful script. :icon_thumbup:

Just in the case you didn´t discovered yet: Ring- and Loop-selection tools are working with paint selection: click&drag in the direction you want to select - hold shift-key down to add a new partial/complete loop or ring selection or cmd-key to subtract from a selection.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• PathSelectScript.jpeg
    PathSelectScript.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 620
Thanks for your comment, Frank.

Unfortunately, the script can't work as the native commands like "Ring Select" or "Loop Select" since Cheetah 3D's Javascript cannot recognize additional selection interactively. And there is no Javascript API to detect modifier keys such as "shift" and "command" key.
Although it is not so user-friendly, I think it is useful to select a partial edge loop when making UV seams, for example.

Regards

I didn´t say it´s not useful. :p Selecting stuff in UV editor is crucial sometimes so your macro-script is a big help there and C3d´s own loop7ring-selection tools don´t work here unfortunately. :icon_thumbup: But you know you can´t select outer rims of course.
My question was if you tried selecting partial loops with Cheetah3d´s native tools?

Cheers
Frank

Thanks for the script hiro-ichi, and thank you Frank
for expanding my understanding of these tools.
I was totally unaware of this behavior. :icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup:

@hiro-ichi: Thank you this will be handy for UV seam selecting. :icon_thumbup:

Attachments

• PathSelect.jpg
    PathSelect.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Thanks for your comment, Frank.

Unfortunately, the script can't work as the native commands like "Ring Select" or "Loop Select" since Cheetah 3D's Javascript cannot recognize additional selection interactively. And there is no Javascript API to detect modifier keys such as "shift" and "command" key.
Although it is not so user-friendly, I think it is useful to select a partial edge loop when making UV seams, for example.

Regards

Very Very Useful for seams! I have been meaning to write and say how this tool is so useful to me when creating seams. Thank you very much.

Back