Extrude Cover Faces ?

Extrude Cover Faces ?

Why can I not cover the faces of this spline?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 12.54.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 12.54.40 PM.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 217
Where is your spline from? It´s either not closed or made from segments. Check the "info" about it.
But I guess you can make it editable and fill it manually if you have to.

Cheers
Frank

Where is your spline from? It´s either not closed or made from segments. Check the "info" about it.
But I guess you can make it editable and fill it manually if you have to.

Cheers
Frank
I used a plane into the cross bar then the script polygon2spline. So there might be unclosed parts I don't know, anyway I went with the fill manually. Thanks
I'd send the file but I have it no longer.

It won´t work with splines from that script in the extrude creator - but it´s really easy either to draw a new linear closed spline and let it snap to the points of the other spline or to generate 5 quads (cross-shaped) and let its points snap to the cross-spline - use shell tool for thickness afterwards. Or type "X" with an san-serif font in the text-spline object - make editable and linear splines and lest snap + Extrude-creator for thickness.

Cheers
Frank

It won´t work with splines from that script in the extrude creator - but it´s really easy either to draw a new linear closed spline and let it snap to the points of the other spline or to generate 5 quads (cross-shaped) and let its points snap to the cross-spline - use shell tool for thickness afterwards. Or type "X" with an san-serif font in the text-spline object - make editable and linear splines and lest snap + Extrude-creator for thickness.

Cheers
Frank

"Or type "X" with an san-serif font in the text-spline object - make editable and linear splines and lest snap + Extrude-creator for thickness."
This is what I did. Thanks.:icon_thumbup:

Back