File format for saving work

File format for saving work

Hi I've just registered C3D and I have a question regarding file formats. In the demo I was importing models via 3ds format and now I have been saving files using the fbx format as i've read here is the best format. But I am not sure if I am doing this correctly as when I go to reopen my work, my IK handles are all gone but the targets are still there. I noticed that If I open up C3D and go straight to the save dialog, the "jas" format is suggested as default. Is this the native format that I should be working with?
I'll have a quick read and see what I can find out about the jas format now..

Hi I've just registered C3D and I have a question regarding file formats. In the demo I was importing models via 3ds format and now I have been saving files using the fbx format as i've read here is the best format. But I am not sure if I am doing this correctly as when I go to reopen my work, my IK handles are all gone but the targets are still there. I noticed that If I open up C3D and go straight to the save dialog, the "jas" format is suggested as default. Is this the native format that I should be working with?
I'll have a quick read and see what I can find out about the jas format now..

Hi,
The native Cheetah3D format is the .jas format. That will keep all your settings/objects/...
All the others formats (see the preferences) are for import/export. And yes, the .fbx format is working well for import/export with other applications.

Hi.
You´re right - the jas file format is the native Cheetah3d save format and will keep all the hierarchies, modifiers and animations and so on. Use the other formats for export to other packages or uses.

With kindest regards
Frank

Back