Spam Posting

I know this sounds quaint and we won't actually do it but maybe we should all follow their links, join their sites, invade their forums, and post Cheetah 3D ads all over the place.

Like I said, we won't stoop to this type of retribution, nor should we. But I am getting a little tired of it. It has never been real bad here but it is everywhere. Not just here.

The question suggestion was an excellent idea from Django. Easily changed too. Both he and Martin should be commended. Django thought of it and Martin recognized its potential and implemented it...immediately...with success. You don't get that kind of involvement from other sites. We are truly lucky here.

Now, if we could just get Martin to take over the internet... :icon_thumbup:

The question suggestion was an excellent idea from Django. Easily changed too. Both he and Martin should be commended. Django thought of it and Martin recognized its potential and implemented it...immediately...with success. You don't get that kind of involvement from other sites. We are truly lucky here.
Since when is my name Django?:roll: :cool:

Hi,
I deleted Patricia. Spam is just annoying.

Hi everyone!
I received the buddhism-message from "Patricia", too.
But I got exactly the same message from a user called "einstein" on 2nd October 2007 (more than half a year before)... What about him?

My most humblest apologies Leonardo. :wink: I have too many irons in the fire right now and the fire's burning low. Besides, you've read my signature haven't you?

Thank you so much for you contribution to the ongoing spam problem.

Sorry I dis'ed you DaVinci. I'm ignorant. And confused. Whose idea was it?

Since when is my name Django?:roll: :cool:

I came across a forum which allows guest posting and requires you to click on the (description) part of an image to post, e.g. "click on the orange square" or "click on the dark part of the image". I guess this can't be tacked onto vBulletin but it's neat and much more pleasant than capchas.

No problem, dude ;)

podperson: the issue with spam at this forum seems to be that instead of bots we are dealing with human spammers. Those cannot be tricked with "simple" anti-spamming exercises.

DaVinci -- right ... just an observation. Although it might work on poor speakers of English ;-)

Making a couple of trusted folks into moderators (e.g. Frank) would probably help.

Back