Powerlight question

Powerlight question

Hi

I made a simple box (to test the powerlight button). But I can't get it to "glow". If you know what I mean -> a nice lightglow.

Can somebody help me with it?

Here is an example of the box:
box.jpg

And the effect that I really like:
psd-power-button.jpg

The cheetah file in attachements.

Also..i've got always these weird shadowspots on my objects, can't get them off.

Thanks!
Gille

Attachments

• box.jas.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Hi

I made a simple box (to test the powerlight button). But I can't get it to "glow". If you know what I mean -> a nice lightglow.

Can somebody help me with it?

Gille,
A search for "glow" will be your best friend here, with lots of results ... :wink:

Glow

Anyone of the radiant materials from the Piggy bank seem to work as expected. Of course, you need to reduce the intensity of any other lights in the scene / tun off the default camera light for the radiance to show.
Cheers

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 194
The Cheetah pig

There is a continuing thread on materials where the C3D mascot - the pig in one of the old modelling examples - is used to test / show advanced trickery with the node editor. Search for decorated pig and browse.
Cheers
PS: It is a very simple material to set up yourself. See s/shot.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-12-24 at 13.12.44.png
    Screen shot 2012-12-24 at 13.12.44.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Also..i've got always these weird shadowspots on my objects, can't get them off.

On the spots, like the one at the bottom center of your model, there might be several things to try, all in the "Irradiance Cache" portion of the Radiosity tag of your camera. All will increase render time. I'd try them one at a time, or in combination.

1) Check the "Detail Detection" box.

2) Decrease the "error" setting. I'd suggest down to 0.5. A smaller number will drastically increase render time, but will give good results. On a small model like you have, probably no big deal.

3) Decrease the "Rmin" setting.

On the glow, I assume you want the yellow to glow. Set the "emissive" color of your yellow material to a bright yellow. There might not be much around in the geometry for the glow to shine on in your model, though.

Bill in MN

Bill

Very good points, thanks for that.

The spots really really bugs for a long time. Hope it helps, will try it right away.

I'm a cheetah user for 2 years and i'm still missing some basic stuff.

Thanks for the feedback!

Gille

Back