Turntable vs. Trackball rotation

Turntable vs. Trackball rotation

I don't know if this is the right way to name this, I'm just going by blender's nomenclature here. Is there a way to change this behavior in C3D? Is C3D on Turntable mode by default?

I'm not sure what you mean with turntable and trackball mode? Has that something to do is camera navigation possibly?

Bye
Martin

since he talked about Blender, Turntable should be rotation in (Cheetah) XZ plane and Trackball in the whole 3D space (XYZ)... at least this is my impression when using Bl.

cheers,
Alessandro

I'm not sure what you mean with turntable and trackball mode? Has that something to do is camera navigation possibly?

Sorry, the wording in my question was too vague. Also, I don't know why, after all this time, I noticed this behavior last night. It's not a big deal either, just a curious point, not even a request :)

What I meant is that the rotation in blender (on perspective mode) can function in two ways. In one mode (Trackball) it is identical to C3D's mode, where the view can rotate along the viewer's Y (vertical) and X (horizontal) planes. In Turntable mode, you can rotate in the Z plane as well (depth), and you can sort of look at things sideways. It's hard to explain, you have to try it if you really wanna know what I mean :)

Anyway, like I said, it's just a little detail.

Sound sounds quite confusing but I have to admit that I still can't imagine it properly. Currently Cheetah3d works like Maya and many other 3D apps. So it should be quite common.

Bye
Martin

Back