image sequence export

image sequence export

I have a logo animation that was rendered out at 1024 x 768.

If I choose to save it as a Quicktime movie, the resulting movie is 1024 x 768, as expected.

If I export out as a PNG image sequence, however, all of the png's are saved out as 715 x 535!? I don't see anywhere where you can choose the PNG size when exporting. And, once run through Quicktime, the resulting movie is also 715 x 535 and had definitely lost resolution from the original if I try to make it bigger (couldn't hurt to try, right?)

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Hi,
in the QuickTime export dialog you can set the resolution of the exported Movie. For some reasons Quicktime uses the resolution of Movieview in the Rendermanafer by default. But you can set in back to the actual resolution.

I will rewrite the whole Quicktime code soon and transfer it to the new QuicktimeKit. I'm quite sure that that problem will then be solved.

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply.

I know you can set the frame size when exporting out a .mov. However, at least on my machine (running Tiger), I do not get anywhere to adjust frame rate when doing an image sequence export.

Unless I am being completely braindead, I really did hit every option I could find.

Thanks again, Chuck

I have a logo animation that was rendered out at 1024 x 768.

If I choose to save it as a Quicktime movie, the resulting movie is 1024 x 768, as expected.

If I export out as a PNG image sequence, however, all of the png's are saved out as 715 x 535!? I don't see anywhere where you can choose the PNG size when exporting. And, once run through Quicktime, the resulting movie is also 715 x 535 and had definitely lost resolution from the original if I try to make it bigger (couldn't hurt to try, right?)

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Scale/increase the "Cheetah3d Render Manager" window unless your animation fill not be scaled anymore and save now to image sequence.

With kindest regards
Frank

What if the image sequence size you are trying to export is bigger than the resolution of your screen?

My 22" LCD is 1680 x 1050. Does this mean it is impossible to export an image sequence that is 2560 x 1440, since I can't get the render manager window big enough?

I would love for this to be fixed as I often need image sequences that are 2560 x 1440.

Thanks, chuck

Hi.
Render your scene at 2560x1440 and save to .mov, compression: PNG, custom size. Open with QuickTime and export to image sequence (png again) will save your desired size.
Hope this helps.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• BiggerMov.jpeg
    BiggerMov.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 512
Doesn't Work With TGA

I just encountered this same issue, except that I need to output a Targa image sequence. Movie to Quicktime Movie does not, unfortunately, provide a TGA image output option. I therefore must choose Movie to Image Sequence to output TGA, but that provides no option for setting a custom output size. Thus, the output images are sized to the same dimensions as the preview movie in the Render Manager. So I'm back at the original poster's problem. If my desired output size is larger than my monitor, I cannot make the window large enough and thus can't save the image sequence at the correct dimensions.

Anyone know a way around this?

-Steve

Export as a PNG movie and then go find the images (which will be stored individually in C3D's render cache -- C3D Render Buddy makes this easy to find http://loewald.com/c3dstuff/ ) and batch convert them using the tool of your choice (e.g. GraphicConverter or Photoshop). Or you can export an image sequence using QuickTime Pro.

But it is a bug in C3D.

Back