Assigned Materials

Assigned Materials

I am brand-new to Cheetah, so please excuse me if this has an obvious answer....

I have created a number of polygons (balls, boxes, etc) and when I try to assign a material to the polygon, I only get a uniform color when a mottled color (e.g. with a "marble" material) is what was applied. Why? When I change the marble colors, only one color is displayed on the polygon objects. Not at all what I would expect.

Can anyone explain this?

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

If you have a marble material, it shows up as a solid color in the editor, but it will be the marble texture when you render it.

The first picture is the editor, the second is the rendered cube.

The material preview will show you what the rendered material will look like so you can see what you're doing when you change the values.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 204
I am brand-new to Cheetah, so please excuse me if this has an obvious answer....

I have created a number of polygons (balls, boxes, etc) and when I try to assign a material to the polygon, I only get a uniform color when a mottled color (e.g. with a "marble" material) is what was applied. Why? When I change the marble colors, only one color is displayed on the polygon objects. Not at all what I would expect.

Can anyone explain this?

Hey m8. If the answer above doesn't help (although it should), please feel free to review my tutorials on www.cgvertx.com, in the resources section. I did a few to help out those new to Cheetah and while I was learning some techniques, myself.

The tutorial that most applies is the Introduction. Towards the end of that video, you'll see what you're looking for (hopefully).

If you're still having trouble, post your file and I'll be happy to take a look.

Last edited:
Back