Cheetah3D 7.0 - Early Adopters Beta Test

Thanks for the help on this.

I think I've tracked down the problem. The color profile for this one image is ProPhoto RGB. It seems from reading the wiki on it that it supports a wider gamut than the typical sRGB. When I convert the color space profile from ProPhoto RGB to sRBG IEC61966-2.1 in Photoshop, it loads into C3d properly.
Glad you got it solved.

Cheers
Frank

Boolean operations not working

Everything disappear when I put 2 objects inside a boolean object.
This is true with cube and cylinder and also with polygons objects.

Am I doing something wrong?

Everything disappear when I put 2 objects inside a boolean object.
This is true with cube and cylinder and also with polygons objects.

Am I doing something wrong?

Try it with the Boolean Creator, you may be using the
Modifier, with a Boolean Modifier it's set up differently.

Attachments

• Boolean Modifier.jpg
    Boolean Modifier.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 764
2 If I save the G-buffer, where is it saved and how would I use it?

I posted a question about the G-buffer a month ago and Frank said "You'll benefit from graphic buffers when it comes to compositing." I still have no idea what that means. Can anyone explain that or provide an example?

Sorry for being late but I just figured this out:
Apparently you'll need special software.
I own Photoshop CS4 which opens EXR files but not their g-buffers :rolleyes:
Here is a plug-in for PS that shows the additional layers, ready for composing.

So you need to
- choose Falcon
- enable G-buffer
- enable Z-buffer
- render
- save to EXR (or find EXR in render history)
- open in Photoshop as ProEXR
- find depth map in layer palette

Easter egg on the C3d twitter for soon to come beta21, if anyone wants to go check it out. I was actually thinking about this exact thing earlier today.

OMG!

I moved some key frames 2 seconds forward in the Key editor and my animation is now all screwed up. wtf? I didn't edit anything in the F-Curve editor, so I don't know why my parts are now all out of alignment? I should have saved a version before editing those, but I didn't think shifting keys in the timeline would effect the position in 3d space.

Is this a bug?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 9.08.19 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 9.08.19 AM copy.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 439
  • Screw.jpg
    Screw.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Is this a bug?
Hard to tell but I believe shifting 2 seconds will have a major impact on hierarchy animations - especially when spline tangents are involved - like in Bézier splines. No way to undo the changes? We can have 100 steps back.

Cheers
Frank

Hard to tell but I believe shifting 2 seconds will have a major impact on hierarchy animations - especially when spline tangents are involved - like in Bézier splines. No way to undo the changes? We can have 100 steps back.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank,

I accidentally closed the file thinking that I hadn't saved the changes yet and that re-opening it would take me back. I guess I can try moving all the keyframes back 2 seconds to see if it fixes anything. Most of my f-curves are set to linear. I usually default to that to make it easier and then come back at the end to fine tune everything. I also usually put all break points at 1 second intervals to make it easier to line everything up since we don't have a dope sheet editor yet. Then at the end I will adjust all the timing.

edit:
Moving all the key frames back in time 2 second didn't fix whatever happened.

Last edited:
So you did a save over or not?
Are you using auto-keyframes maybe?

Cheers
Frank

Yes, I must have saved over after editing and didn't realize it. I'm constantly saving when I work in Illustrator, so It's kind of muscle memory to do it. I've crashed so many times and lost hours of work that I save every few minutes when working in Illustrator. I must not have noticed even doing it.

I'm not using auto keyframes. I manually add all of them. I think one problem may be that I didn't burn the transform on some of these parts. Could that possibly cause this? I'll Dropbox the file here as it's too big to attach. Maybe if you don't mind having a look please?

Last edited:
* Any luck with Time Machine?
* It is possible that you need less time to rebuild from a restored status-quo-ante-version than you would need to recover the original F-curve settings.

* Any luck with Time Machine?
* It is possible that you need less time to rebuild from a restored status-quo-ante-version than you would need to recover the original F-curve settings.

I'm still working on it. I think the main problem is the Flux Capacitor. Our fission technology just hasn't caught up at the moment. :tongue:

Yes, I may either reconstruct the bits that are out of whack, or muddle with the f-curves to get the naughty parts to behave. :cool:

At what stage is this file?

Cheers
Frank

I was nearing completion. I was trying to move all the animation forward a few seconds to give myself some time before any of the mechanical parts started moving and to have some camera panning. I usually set up the whole animation first and then add the camera motion in last. Then I was going to adjust some of the timing of the animation and add a few touches to the animation such as some momentum for the inserts so they don't look so rigid before they start moving. (I guess I should add that there isn't a tight deadline on this though.)

One other very weird thing I noticed, the positions in my pose tags have changed to the wrong location as well. I originally set up all these pose tags to have each item in a specific spot. If you select the pose tag for one of the screws on the left and activate a pose, it keeps it in the wrong spot. i don't even know how those could possibly change after only modifying key frames? :confused:

Danke Frank.

The Boolean modifier hierarchy has changed with v7.
First comes the parent object you want to add/subtract/intersect other objects. Then add the Boolean modifier to it.
Then add the child objects to the modifier.
Is this working for you? I have no clue what your mesh should look at the end.

Cheers
Frank

Seems there´s something wrong with the STL file - but I couldn´t find the issue.
I mad a replica from scratch and all is fine and dandy:
Not sure if this will be of help of course.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• STL replica 4U.jas.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 292
  • STL replica.png
    STL replica.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 399
Back