Better Trackpad Support

Better Trackpad Support

I have often thought how nice it would be for the trackpad to behave in Cheetah as it does when using other Mac apps., e.g.:
- pinch/pull apart two fingers to zoom
- two fingers dragged up, down, left and right to rotate camera

Having to click and drag the rotate camera button to rotate the camera is not very elegant. I use a mouse (left hand) and trackpad (right hand).

Just downloaded Blender, and you can do just that (but don't have time to learn another app).

I'm hoping the latest Apple trackpad gestures have made it into Cheetah V7.

I know this isn't a built in solution, but have you tried Better Touch Tool or Magic Prefs? They both give extensive customization to touchpad gestures. Both use to be free, but BTT is about to become a paid app after being free for the last few years. BTT does have more extensive options than MP does. You can even set up specific gestures for different apps.

Wish Granted!

Thanks Martin

For those who have trackpads and V7:

- Zoom = Pinch to zoom out and pull fingers apart to zoom in

- Move Camera = Drag two fingers while holding down Control and Option keys

- Rotate Camera = Drag two fingers while holding down the Option key

- Change Field of View = Drag two fingers while holding down the Option and Shift keys

- I couldn't find how to Pan using two fingers

Plus there are a few more options when holding keys down, then double-tapping one finger and dragging, and when holding keys down and dragging with the mouse.

Thanks Martin

For those who have trackpads and V7:

- Zoom = Pinch to zoom out and pull fingers apart to zoom in

- Move Camera = Drag two fingers while holding down Control and Option keys

- Rotate Camera = Drag two fingers while holding down the Option key

- Change Field of View = Drag two fingers while holding down the Option and Shift keys

- I couldn't find how to Pan using two fingers

Plus there are a few more options when holding keys down, then double-tapping one finger and dragging, and when holding keys down and dragging with the mouse.

Nice! Thanks for the update. I actually got a trackpad for my birthday last November. Will play around with it.

Back