Is there a way to "Que" renders...?

Is there a way to "Que" renders...?

I need to render about 13 products at High resolution. I'd like to set them to render when I leave for the night and to render each scene SEQUENTIALLY: SO product #1 renders fully before product #2 begins rendering... so when I come in the next day, I will at least have the ability to work with the files that have completed rendering.

Right now, if I launch multiple renders, they ALL try to render simultaneously and bring the speed of the process to a halt.

Any way to set them up into a "Que" and have them render one at a time in a batch...?

Thanks.

Hi,
sorry but queuing isn't possible yet. You can just render various still rendering jobs in parallel. Queuing is something I will implement when I start with a network renderer.

Bye,
Martin

when I start with a network renderer
Sounds intersting - will each networked machine need its own C3D license? Of course, I understand it's way too early to ask such detailed questions :rolleyes:

Sounds intersting - will each networked machine need its own C3D license? Of course, I understand it's way too early to ask such detailed questions :rolleyes:

These are the things I worry last.:wink: To be honest I don't know how I handle it but you won't need a full license for a render node. Maybe some sort of node license.

Bye,
Martin

Any way to set them up into a "Que" and have them render one at a time in a batch...?

Thanks.

A way for a BATCH that i know is :
Keyboard and Mouse Recorder - 3.6 :
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17551

- You can record your keyboard keystrokes, mouse movements and mouse clicks.
- You can save the record to disk in a file for later use.
- You can load a previously saved record from disk.
- You can play the record in loop as many times as needed. *
- It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use.

* But for a batch loop, you must know how long a Render Process is.

Hi,
sorry but queuing isn't possible yet. You can just render various still rendering jobs in parallel. Queuing is something I will implement when I start with a network renderer.

Bye,
Martin

hmm not over Cheetah3d script ?

void render(String filename)
Renders the current scene. If a filename is also passed to this function the rendered image will be saved to that file.

im very new by C3d and learn , but when Render() can return the value 1
for "render is ready" ,then can we write a script for a render batch, or not ?

Can you AppleScript the Activity Monitor? There's sure to be a big drop in C3D activity when a render finishes...

Activity Monitor isn't scriptable, but you could probably use the command line (top, say) since terminal is scriptable. But that's a fairly hamfisted way of doing things. Let's suppose you use another program that's as cpu-greedy as Cheetah 3D, it might well force Cheetah way down in activity and cause false starts.

I wonder how hard it would be to add basic AppleScript support for C3D.

Many weeks. Adding a render que is much less work. Especially since that work is reusable for a network renderer.

In general to save memory you have to save the queue jobs to .jas files. The render manager then has to be able to render the .jas files in the queue one after another. But at the moment the render manager can only receive the raw data from the cheetah3D scene. So I have to learn the render manager to render .jas files. Luckily that is not very much work but nevertheless it doesn't fit into my timetable yet.

The good thing is once the render manager can receive and render .jas files I already have half a render node. Just the network code is missing.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

MARTIN - Let me take a moment to reiterate my (our?) appreciation for such a PHENOMENAL application for such an inexpensive price.

When I found-out that it's JUST you who created & maintains this application, I was (still am) astonished...!!! I raise a glass to you and hope for your continued interest in improving and evolving this application.

---

I may be a minority, but I, for one, will be EXTREMELY happy when we are able to "que." multiple jobs to render sequentially. As has been said before... it'd be great to start a render spool before going home for the evening and upon returning to work, being able to save (utilize) the images that did render and "pause" the list while I am working throughout the day and resuming the following evening.

Having about 15-20 products that I need to render right now... each taking between 1.5Hrs-3Hrs depending on complexity... I cannot just send them all to the renderer.

<--- will wait patiently. :D

WOW! Exactly one year to-the-day that I originally asked this question, and it comes-up again for me today. I REALLY wish I could queue-up a bunch of renders before going home.

I have TRIED running them simultaneously, but the time it takes to render is EXPONENTIALLY longer than the cumulative time it would take if rendered separately. Not sure why.

Any new news on this idea...? :D

Hi,
I'm sorry but queuing still isn't possible yet and it might still take some time.

The reason why the rendering time explodes is probably that you run out of RAM. So OS X starts to swap data to the HD which is quite slow.

Bye,
Martin

Back