zoom bug has to go

zoom bug has to go

Martin have you got a fix on that scroll bug that basically slows and stops scrolling? Its a real drag. Its really got to be fixed.

I tried to send this via bug reporter but it didnt work- I dont have time to configure that silly Mail app just to bug report something.

i hope its already history and we can use a fixed beta soon. Drives me nuts.

Aaron

I´m not sure if it´s a bug, because I noticed this behavior in a lot of different 3d apps. in a short term best thing to avoid is to assign "focus camera" as a hotkey. I find this faster than to maneuver through large scenes by scrolling.

Just my 2ct.

hey Frank,

for sure I actually bound it to F the very first day I got cheetah, years ago now I guess - in my effort to clone Maya.

What I get now is scroll scroll screwed, f, scroll scroll screwed, f again, try another angle, same again, frustration, scroll scroll screwed. Adds a little chunk of time to the whole process trying to work around it..

I suppose I could create a helper polygon object and move that to where I want to focus first, but its a bit of a workaround..I'll try that..

I dont remember this issue in other apps but it would make sense its generic. The unity guys fixed it but you can still "Feel" the remanants of the problem in its editor...though it is fixed.

Hope you're well
Aaron

Cheers
Aaron

Mmmh - so hopefully Martin can fix this for you.
I for myself never had it that bad, honestly I can´t remember the last time it happend. BTW - what is selected when your zooming screwed up? I mean do you accidently zoom with shift or so? I noticed switching between objects and camera while zooming can pretty easily force this issue - but "Focus camera" will fix it instantly - here.

PS: since then a whole lot of maneuver functionality is built in like "Orbit Selected" or "zoom in/out" to where the cursor is hovering over an object in 3d-view.

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Back