Depth of Field

Hi,
I guess it is not to difficult. But sometimes I get surpriesed by the easiest things.

Raytraced DOF would be very easy to implement but it is quite slow.

A good postprocess DOF would be a little bit more tricky but on the other side much faster. And postprocess is good enough for most scenes.

DOF is definitely a 2.x feature. I will add it via a camera tag once I start with it.

By,
Martin

DOF would definitely be a plus...

Thanx Martin for such a great (and EXCELLENT priced) Mac only app... it is so cool a program to play with... I have not even got to the modelling side of C3D as I tend to only need the features of SU... but the rendering... now that is something else... !!!!

just used a model of Mies Barcelon Pavillion from PushPullBar and the render... with not much fliddling in C3D came out almost like a photo...

way cooool

thanx

Cheers
Trevor

Have been around... just standing in the shadows... watching all you guys shine the light on C3D in such brilliant ways... those lamp renders are pretty darn good...

just have not had a lot of time free at nights to get into C3D... altho' have stolen some C3D time to be been mucking around with the new cat in my PB... :lol:

will post tonight as the one I did of the Barcelona last night I left running as I went to bed... not a long render... just got the hard word from the better half to come to bed... :lol: :lol: and in the morning it looked pretty much OK... a bit of tweeking with the lighting and textures... but OK... just did not have time to post it before rushing out the door to work...

your such freely given help and suggestions bith directly via email and here on the forum to others as well has been exceptional in helping me understand the knobs and dials in C3D... Thanx yet again Jake...

cheers
Trevor

You're too kind Trevor. I like Cheetah a lot. I want others too like it also, so I just try to help when I can.

Anyway, its pretty nice to have all those classic at the poushpullbar now isn't it. Great for rendering practice.

the tile on the one exterior wall along the pool needed help in the Mies Pavilion. Other than that it's pretty good. Have you tried Kevin'e Vals model yet? What a whopper and it's still not done.

The classics at PPB are great to see... the "sal" pavillion file is the one I have been playing with at the moment... haven't tried the vals one yet... that is one amazing space... your plays with it were very good... liked the all C3D version better than the PS post worked version (which was still good tho)

Stupid me did not save the images that I rendered last night and when i came home and got onto the PB I went into a variation and C3D dropped out and I lost 3 of them...!!!!

so now I am rendering again... but the green marble wall is not coming out in the renders for some weird reason...

Back