Combining Cheetah and Terragen(free version)

Combining Cheetah and Terragen(free version)

I made this with Cheetah 3D and Terragen, imported the terragen hight map (bmp), used it on a relief object, imported the terragen surface map as an overhead render of the terragen landscape. also imported the sky from terragen as an HDR. The tower was modeled in Cheetah 3D. The trees were free tiffs for planes from DigiArts with alpha channels ,and the background for the camera is the terragen render. I know the bump map is a little rough in the foreground. I'll try to figure out how to fix that.

Last edited:
Nice Image!

Hi,
Very nice:D! I had to look twice to see where the hdri and you 3d model came together.
Were the trees added in a different program?

Greg

About the trees.

Hi,
Very nice:D! I had to look twice to see where the hdri and you 3d model came together.
Were the trees added in a different program?

Greg

The trees are just plane objects with a texture map on a material. The texture maps were free from DigiArts <-(google that). They come as .tiffs with alpha channel. Thanks for your comments.

Hi,
If the trees are plane objects(I think that means flat) how did you get the shadows?
Thanks for the site.

Greg

shadows

Hi,
If the trees are plane objects(I think that means flat) how did you get the shadows?
Thanks for the site.

Greg
By setting the light(distant) to shadows (raytrace light thur transparency)which is the alpha channel(check in material use alpha channel).
Remember there must be an obj (mountians) behind the planes for the transparency to render.
I'm not good at explaining so if any one can make this clearer jump right in.

Hi,
how did you combine the HDR environment textures? Did you use Photoshop or is there already a cheaper solution for HDR editing available.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. Does anybody know when terragen 2.0 is done. I'm reading about terragen 2.0 since years on their site.

Unsure of question.

Hi,
how did you combine the HDR environment textures? Did you use Photoshop or is there already a cheaper solution for HDR editing available.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. Does anybody know when terragen 2.0 is done. I'm reading about terragen 2.0 since years on their site.

I'm not clear on what you are asking"how did you combine the HDR environment textures?" I used a plugin for Terragen (SOverlay) which saves as an HDR file.

Back