Please help with your comments

Please help with your comments

Hellow C3d forum!

I'm still learning the illumination stuff in Cheetah and got some help of some of you guys, thanks for that, especially Jeff. Well I'm posting the progress and want some help to improve the quality and "realistic" lighting.

Attachments

• test-jeff3_798.jpg
    test-jeff3_798.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,344
Jose,

It's looking good, but the lighting is still a little flat. Move it around and play with the brightness a bit. Rotate the model too for a different lighting affect form your HDRI.

In addition the texture has something going on. Looks deformed. Is that the texture I gave you?

If you get a chance, send the the file back to me so I can take a look at it again.

Jake

Well Jake I made this one in Vue, please comment and is possible how can I make it in C3d?

Attachments

• flysketchexport_161.jpeg
    flysketchexport_161.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,215
I guess I'm not sure what you're after. Are you looking for a chipboard type render or are you looking for realistic in a given environment?

Looks like you have the chipboard effect fine. For realism you will have to work with your lighting. To match the existing scene.

To do what you have shown I would do this:

Download a utility named setAlphaValue. It's free.

Open you background image in you photo editor.

Open your model in Cheetah and set the alphaValue to , say 50 percent.

Line up the cheetah window (which is now transparent) over your photo editor window with the background image.

Move the cheetah model to match pwerspective of the background image.

When done render with a solid color background behind you model

Open the render in you photo software copy the background image to the clipboard.

Open you cheetah render, highlight the solid background and past the backgroung image into the scene.

See if this gets you close. You can always make an HDRI of the existing site, but that is a really specialized field. The new Photoshop aloows you to make and save HDR's although I haven't loaded it yet. I look forward to trying a few with my fisheye lens.

Hi

Well I like the "chipboard effect" as you said, I think its looks like a model. The thing I want to get from C3d its matching the lighting. In the last scene the background is an Hdri in Vue. I think it match the existing light, as i could see. Also I would like to make it "real". As its were made there...
If its possible.

Compositing

When done render with a solid color background behind you model

Open the render in you photo software copy the background image to the clipboard.

Open you cheetah render, highlight the solid background and past the backgroung image into the scene.

Just to add, if you set the camera background colour to 0% opacity and then render, your image will have a transparent background. Then just open render in Photoshop etc. and paste into background as a layer.

Back