Cheetah3D 4.6 Beta 2

Cheetah3D 4.6 Beta 2

Hi,
sorry I made a stupid mistake with the first beta and forgot to bundle the materials with the download.:oops: In beta 2 the materials will work as expected again. Also the help menu works again.

Change log since 4.6b2:
-materials work properly again
-fixed bug in update checker
-updated help files

Change log since 4.6b1:
-added Auto-Saving (can be enabled in the preferences window)
-added "frames per second" property to camera object
-added triangulated NURBS and Patches import to FBX loader
-shared file loaders (saves RAM)
-tiff export uses LZW compression
-fixed redraw bug in material browser
-fixed drawing bug of creases and seams
-fixed drawing behaviour of Boolean creator object
-fixed bug in take manager (locked during aniamtion rendering job)
-fixed bug when rendering fog (fog start value didn't work)
-fixed render manager display bug (disabled in menu when no open document)
-fixed crashing bug when rendering animations (when no active camera)
-fixed bug in sky light (south is now in +Z axis)
-fixed bug in baking renderer (artifacts)
-fixed bug in paint tool

Please be aware that this is beta software. So don't use it with important data.!!!

You can find the new beta at

http://cheetah3d.com/download/Cheetah3D4.6b2.zip

Please post your experiences with this beta in this forum thread.

Bye,
Martin

Martin,
something quick... this is right after startup
and now back to looking

Attachments

• scr.jpg
    scr.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 484
Martin,
something quick... this is right after startup
and now back to looking

Todd,
Do you expect these to be the same all the time ? Or are you saying these should be the same at startup just to make it easier ?
I may be wrong but in my mind, these are 2 different parameters :
you could have an animation that has 30 different "events" / key frames per sec. and still have your video recorder (camera / renderer) record/generate a movie with 25 images per sec.

Francois,

yes, as they have the same name, they should be equal in value. now the only way I would say that they could be different is if more frames/sec on the camera were for the purposes of motion blurring. but then they would have different names.

Todd

I've been insanely busy (babies!) for the last week or so, and it's wonderful to see such an amazing update to C3D. Thank you Martin :) (And my hard disk thanks you too ;-) )

Please can beta threads be located at the "Beta Test" category? Ive just reattatched 28 material nodes and have gone to bug report it and found this thread. So I will probably have to fix them again by the looks.

Thank you.

AC

The auto save works great Martin, but the navigation still does that annoying thing where it stops responding to panning, or rather does it in smaller and smaller amouts until it doesnt pan at all.

Thanks for the autosave though

AaronC

Thanks Martin! Painting (uv paint tool) from the 3d perspective works great now in 4.6. This is valuable for game developer artists creating textures.:icon_thumbup:

Martin, how difficult would it be to implement zooming using an existing scroll wheel within an existing mouse (I say existing because Macs are only supposed to have one-button mice!), zooming that zoomed where the pointer was rather than just from the centre of the screen? If you see what I mean?

Both ViaCAD and SketchUp have this function, but it gets frustrating in C3D (fwiw, Unity is just as frustrating too! ;) ), to have to keep panning zooming then panning etc.

Apart from that, all is good (I just wish I could model as well as everyone else here!!!) :D

Martin is it possible that this new autosave feature is making files dissappear? I have a model that seems to have vanished.

I also noticed that when I double clicked an (autosaved) file in the unity project view it dissappeard completely? right before my eyes? And I cant find any of the autosaved files anywhere on my HD...

Are the autosaved files auto deleted when you close Cheetah? If so, we cant have that. It would be pointless. Im quite disturbed abot the model thats gone walkabout, it might have started out as an autosaved file, and then when I closed c3d the file might have just vanished.

Also when I enabled "embed texture" on the fbx export prefs, I got an application crash. I cant reproduce that.

Please can you check that auto save works? And doesnt auto delete? I can't stand losing work. I really can't.

Thanks
AaronC

Back