How to Paint?

How to Paint?

Hi,
I am a beginner at modeling, though not a total novice. I have mainly in the past been a texture/designer for models rather than actually making them. I intend to change that ;) . While I was testing out C3d I tried to use the painting utility that was one of the major reasons I was attracted to this software. In the "UV Editor" window, I can see the planes of a basic model I made, after i selected all the parts and clicked "Unwrap UV" (though I am not sure this was the right thing to do). I then tried to paint it, but the paint option in the menu was blanked out grey, I presumed this was like a limit on the test version on the software or something. Now that I have bought it I notice I still cannot access the Paint option.
The info I require might be on the tutorial vids, but I am not currently in the position to purchase them ontop of the actual software cost.

Could someone please briefly explain how to properly unwrap a model then texture it?
Thanks in advance,
Magicraoul

[EDIT] oh dear, really sorry guys. I didn't notice the "help" function in the menu bar. Guess I am a novice after all :redface: I now have some very clear, precise instructions. Sorry for wasting time.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am a beginner at modeling, though not a total novice. I have mainly in the past been a texture/designer for models rather than actually making them. I intend to change that ;) . While I was testing out C3d I tried to use the painting utility that was one of the major reasons I was attracted to this software. In the "UV Editor" window, I can see the planes of a basic model I made, after i selected all the parts and clicked "Unwrap UV" (though I am not sure this was the right thing to do). I then tried to paint it, but the paint option in the menu was blanked out grey, I presumed this was like a limit on the test version on the software or something. Now that I have bought it I notice I still cannot access the Paint option.
The info I require might be on the tutorial vids, but I am not currently in the position to purchase them ontop of the actual software cost.

Could someone please briefly explain how to properly unwrap a model then texture it?
Thanks in advance,
Magicraoul

Hi Magicraoul and welcome. The paint tool needs an image to paint into and to see the results on your mesh the material needs to be applied to the object. So make a new material and in the colour channel create a image, drag the material onto the object and the paint tool will work (I think that's it but with out being infront of Cheetah I'm not 100%).

Andrew

Back