Quick Q

Quick Q

Hi,

Splines: I have (see the image) imported shapes from Illustrator and on one the "O" failes where it is in the same editable shape but when I extrude the inner circle does not cut away as expected from the outer circle making an "open" 3D "O" but rather fill the outer circle completely (as in the middle hole of the O are missing)

To avoid going forth and back in Illustrator and to learn: Can I set the inner circle to be cut away from the outer "in" C3D?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-11-27 kl. 19.24.06.png
    Screenshot 2014-11-27 kl. 19.24.06.png
    41 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
I´m a bit worried by the look of the splines compared to mine:
Select all 4 points of one circle and call "reverse sequence" should do the trick.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-27 um 19.46.28.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-27 um 19.46.28.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 251
I´m a bit worried by the look of the splines compared to mine:
Select all 4 points of one circle and call "reverse sequence" should do the trick.

Cheers
Frank

Hmmm. Weird. Even the points are very hard to "select". But I managed (the points are tiny dots when selected) but no go on the idea.. Can it be a "wrong import" of some sort from Illustrator (svg) or a bug?

As you can see in this image I highlighted all points but dont see clear red dots (as your image)..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-11-27 kl. 19.58.53.png
    Screenshot 2014-11-27 kl. 19.58.53.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 248
I guess your spline work is gigantic and gets clipped by the camera settings.
Put a Cheetah3d circle aside and compare the sizes.
Is the extrude now working?

Cheers
Frank

As I said earlier: try the PDF import or set the SVG file import scale to something about 0,01.

Cheers
Frank

Hmmm weird. I gave up and did the fix in Illustrator again. This was only meant to be a learning thing. Your point on scale made sense but I have it on 0,01.

PDF imports all objects in one spline mesh, SVG imports the group. So obviously if you want to extrude elements etc differently its nice to use SVG it seems..

Can you upload your AI file containing the 2 circles please?

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank. It was a customer logo that I can not share so I will let this one go. Thanks again for a great support. It has happened many times before so I will update this thread when I meet a similar problem on another mesh that is not commercial.

Hi, in illustrator is this a compound path? If not, it needs to be one for this to work. Select both circles in illustrator then go object-compound path-make (or command+eight). Then re-save and try again.

Last edited:
Hi, in illustrator is this a compound path? If not, it needs to be one for this to work. Select both circles in illustrator then go object-compound path-make (or command+8). Then re-save and try again.
You can do this in Cheetah3d as well via "Import children" or using PDF as the transfer format (in this case). As I said I´m more worried about the look of the splines mooztar shows us here.

Cheers
Frank

Back