which tutorials are most like cheetah

which tutorials are most like cheetah

I want to model a simple cartoonish human, male and female, but I think male might be easier.

As a general question, if i am looking at tutorials online, which package is closest to cheetah in terms of tools?

I know they all have different toolsets and even names, I was just wonder which packages tutorials are closest/easy to translate for use with cheetah.

Would using Daz Studio be an easier option? Strikes me from what I remember of poser given the fact that I don't really want realism it might be better to do in cheetah, at least more instructional.

Sorry if this is a strange/often asked question, and thanks in advance :)

Silo is quite similar to C3D for modeling (and there a lot of tutorials for it) — but it has different shortcuts (and handles subdivision differently).

C3D's modifiers and creators are similar to Cinema 4D (and to a lesser extent 3ds max).

C3D's node-based materials are actually like a lot of modern 3D programs, but just different enough to be confusing :)

In general, C3D is similar to other box-modeling-with-subdivision tools (which, these days, is almost anything). Where C3D is very different from almost any other 3D package is it doesn't do NURBS or anything like NURBS (NURBS are kind of on the out for most applications, but a lot of 3D programs support them because they were the bomb in like 2003).

Thanks guys,
as always as very helpful :)

Frank, just thought i should let you know the first link doesn't work.

Now to see if I can achieve what i want, the modelling doesn't look that difficult, just the actual coming up with a decent design :)

Back