Compound paths, .svg vs .pdf

Compound paths, .svg vs .pdf

Hi everyone. I've been importing some Adobe Illustrator generated graphics featuring complex compound paths into Cheetah.

Having saved them both as .svg files and as .pdfs I can confirm that Cheetah handles the .pdfs perfectly, but throws up a few errors when working with .svg files.

It's also very quick with the .pdf compared to .svg.

So, for those of you that have the option, I'd recommend saving your vector artwork as .pdf.

Cheers
Dougie

Having saved them both as .svg files and as .pdfs I can confirm that Cheetah handles the .pdfs perfectly, but throws up a few errors when working with .svg files.
Pretty sure that´s the "Adobe style"; we had this quite a few times. Never had an issue with SVGs from Inkscape or Intaglio.

So, for those of you that have the option, I'd recommend saving your vector artwork as .pdf.

I´d prefer SVG over PDF because it stores multiple paths in one file. If you´re using PDF you have to break all the different paths manually when you gonna go for different creators.
And of course it depends on what you´re aiming for.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SVGoverPDF.jpeg
    SVGoverPDF.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 497
Hi

I though I'd let you see the results I got from importing the Adobe Illustrator generated SVG and PDF files.

I take your point about the multiple paths on SVG files.

cheers

Attachments

• Compound_path_Wheel_SVG.jpg
    Compound_path_Wheel_SVG.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 476
  • Compund_Path_wheel_PFD.jpg
    Compund_Path_wheel_PFD.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 483
  • Compound_Path_Car_SVG.jpg
    Compound_Path_Car_SVG.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 475
  • Compound_Path_Car_PDF.jpg