Animation timeline problem (basic)

Animation timeline problem (basic)

Hello everyone. I've just started using Cheetah 3D and I love it! I am having a few teething problems so please bear with me as I'm going to ask some pretty basic questions over the next few weeks.
I'm using the latest version of Cheetah and I can't get my animations to play or render the full timeline. It just plays and renders the length of the visible timeline (ie, the 4 seconds shown at the bottom of my screen, not the full 8 seconds of my animation).

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for any advice.

Dougie

right below the timeline, you will see a shaded bar with 4 sec (or it might show the number of frames, which would be 30 x 4 or 120) showing. Grab the right side of it and drag it out until you are showing the full 10 seconds (300 frames).

To change the total length of the recorded animation, use the TAKE tab, which is next to the Object Browser tab, on the right side of the window. Using Takes, you can record many different animations, all in the same file.

Cheers, Chuck

Hi Dougie.
To increase the timeline/preview click&drag the end of the scroller to the right.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• TimelineScroller.jpeg
    TimelineScroller.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 462
"right below the timeline, you will see a shaded bar with 4 sec (or it might show the number of frames, which would be 30 x 4 or 120) showing"

Does this mean you can choose to have either frames or seconds showing in the timeline? if so, how do you switch between the two?

Thanks
Dougie

I don't think so.

I wasn't sure which it showed, but I don't think there is a way to show the time. Of course, the timeline shows the time, so I actually really like the frames shown down below.

This way, when you are rendering an animation, you can tell which frame it is working on, and can then work out how much longer it will take, how long on average each frame takes, etc.

Cheers, Chuck

Back