Working inside a model?

Here's a shot of the preview view doing the same thing, from the camera view.

Attachments

• Inside selection03.jpg
    Inside selection03.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 190
Strangely enough it don´t happen to me usually - but I´m sure it´s not intentional so please write a bug report.
You can check it in 4-window mode BTW.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SelectionIssue.png
    SelectionIssue.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Strangely enough it don´t happen to me usually - but I´m sure it´s not intentional so please write a bug report.
You can check it in 4-window mode BTW.

Cheers
Frank

It's a sneaky one, you don't realize it, make all kinds of changes
on one side and turn around to find the other side is all whacked.

I think it's happened to me a few times, now I know why.

Where should I report the bug now?

Good catch there Zoohead. I can replicate the issue easily.

It seems like a bug. It may be an optimization side-effect (only test to see if the parent mesh is in the frustrum).

Also note that area select will select polygons outside the viewport too.

I'm not sure I grasp the concept. How does this help? Arn't groups the same thing?

Yes and no. They could have similar functions. If you group something, everything in that group will be moved into the folder. If you want to keep everything visible and in the same stacking order in the object browser, then you could use layers. Layers probably are most useful if you want to render different parts of a scene separately and then composite afterwords.

Just another method to organize a scene. Somebody else may add to what I've said though.

Yes and no. They could have similar functions. If you group something, everything in that group will be moved into the folder. If you want to keep everything visible and in the same stacking order in the object browser, then you could use layers. Layers probably are most useful if you want to render different parts of a scene separately and then composite afterwords.

Just another method to organize a scene. Somebody else may add to what I've said though.

Thinking...Thinking...Thinking...:smile:

:icon_thumbup: :D Thank you so much uncle808us for the link to modeling the inside of the mouth tutorial ! ! !
I realize there maybe other ways to model the tongue but I want to follow the tut.
This is the tut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2dSFQahVqo
It is GREAT!

I struggled for literally months trying to model the inside of a mouth so it could be easily
and nicely animatable and just couldn't achieve it.
Now I think I can do it.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

:icon_thumbup: :D Thank you so much uncle808us for the link to modeling the inside of the mouth tutorial ! ! !

It is GREAT!

I struggled for literally months trying to model the inside of a mouth so it could be easily
and nicely animatable and just couldn't achieve it.
Now I think I can do it.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

Cool I am learning to use proper loops etc and this guy has great tutorials I suggest you try all the tuts 1_10 and he has a bunch of others. have fun learning I'm 68 and still learning.

Groups vs. folders

The thing about folders is that they represent a parent-child relationship in terms of transformation, but this may not be a useful conceptual relationship. E.g. Imagine you're modeling a character with accessories and clothes. You may want to turn off one set of accessories or model clothes with the body ghosted or whatever, but the folder hierarchy will be all about things like the position of a hand-held object relative to the hand, and the position of spectacles relative to the head, and so on.

Similarly, you might want to make a light a child of the model of the light source, but you may want to be able to ghost everything except lights to make adjustments.

when you're dealing with 3D, animation, rendering, game production, etc. you may need to chop things up in all kinds of different ways for all kinds of different reasons.

Back