Bridge edges (milk carton)

Bridge edges (milk carton)

Hi, I'm a noob.

I'm trying to model a milk carton. I've gotten this far and am trying to bridge the two edges in the picture. The bridge tool doesn't connect them. Am I missing something? Or can someone briefly describe how I should go about making a milk carton? Many thanks.

Attachments

• Carton.png
    Carton.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 383
Thanks! Yeah, that works. I'm not sure what the code looks like behind, but...

if (selection != typeof(vertex))
{
MessageBox("Bridge applies to vertices only");
}

might help :) Just my $0.02 being a newcomer to the program.

Bridge requires you to click on 2 points to Bridge - have a look at this video where I use Bridge to connect the 2 boxes, maybe it will help...

http://youtu.be/k3_kiEjPaB4

From the help menu: Modes
The bridge tool is only available in point, edge and polygon mode and can only be applied on raw polygon objects.
• 
• Let's assume that you already have a raw polygon object which contains two polygon groups. To connect the two groups chose the bridge tool from the menu bar and select a point on the border of the first polygon group. The selected point will now appear blue (as in the first image). Now click on a point in the border of the second polygon group. Cheetah3D will connect the two polygon groups with a bridge (as in the second image).
Why do you say only in points

Bridge works between loops of one-sided edges. What you want in this case is simply "create polygon"

If you're trying to create new geometry for the folded-under area, you're probably best off modeling that manually too. It's only 6-10 polygons for goodness sake.

If you don't want new geometry but just to join things together, try weld.

Back