Baking Issues

Baking Issues

baking%20corners.jpg

I have a consistent problem when baking, which is that C3D messes up the corners of triangles. It would be nice if C3D solved this problem automatically OR did a better job of automatically generating the UV map (e.g. increasing the threshold angle at which a seam gets generated).

BTW: is there a way to copy UV2 to UV1? I thought there was but I can't find it.

BTW: is there a way to copy UV2 to UV1? I thought there was but I can't find it.

I was going to ask the same question. I have baked the UV coordinates to UV2, made some changes and I wish to copy them to UV1. Is this possible?

Thanks.

JT

By the way, I figured out a "solution" to my original problem. Set the background color for the baked map to 100% transparent black (or some color which won't show too badly if it appears). Then load the resulting image into Graphicconverter (or similar) and strip out the alpha channel.

Effectively this throws away the anti-aliasing on the edge transparency, but not the color information.

By the way, I figured out a "solution" to my original problem. Set the background color for the baked map to 100% transparent black (or some color which won't show too badly if it appears). Then load the resulting image into Graphicconverter (or similar) and strip out the alpha channel.

Effectively this throws away the anti-aliasing on the edge transparency, but not the color information.

I'm working at baking how do you strip out the alpha channel and why? I'm not understanding what you are saying. Also is the border size what they call padding?

Back