Mr Grin or Reden

What does Mr Grin :mrgrin: stand for?

I'm not up on all the latest Smilies.
I thought Mr Grin stood for a good laugh:

Sometimes laughing WITH others
Sometimes laughing at self
Sometimes just kidding around
Sometimes friendly teasing

Hope I haven't used him wrong and offended anyone.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

PS I should have translated Reden in the first place and I would have know what it stands for.

Last edited:
:smile: Thanks Zoo.
Your comment sure made me feel good. . .
especially because it came from an expert in diplomacy and kindness!
I wish I could say I never make mistakes. It’s tough being human.
My halo has cracks in it . . . but I do keep trying.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

Re: “That explains why you are full of it…”

:mrgreen: Halos can be recycled.
:tongue: I polished mine laboriously, attached shiny brass hinges and installed it on top of a large vase in a small room of the apartment.
:rolleyes: It now makes for a luxurious seat for brief visitations…

Dear Helmut
I’m not sure what you are indicating when you refer to cracked halos and this thread:
http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11894&page=2

If you are saying that I you think I was bing unkind to you please be reassured that wasn’t my intent at all.
I probably didn’t explain myself well enough in my post directly after the first.
I thought we were just having fun. (I guess I’m used to good friends who call it bull-sh...ing when we are talking nonsense for the fun of it . . . just being silly and nonsensical. . . just as I thought you were doing in a lot of your previous posts & the one in this thread.) Thus my comment:
“that explains why you are full of it.”

After I posted it I began to think you may not know me well enough to know I was kidding. That is why my second post. . . because I value you and I know how texting is difficult and can be mis-understood.

I think highly of you. I’m impressed with your intelligence & clever good whit. Besides learning from your posts your humor keeps me laughing. (What makes matters even better is you don’t brag about it.)
I’m in awe of you and many other members of this forum. I am so grateful that all of you allow me to enjoy this forum.
I know I’ve tried to express that several times.

How did my halo slip on in post that you are referring to?
Communicating via text sure is difficult.
I never meant any ill towards you.

Maybe we have different definitions on halo cracks.
My halo cracks when I feel someone has purposely belittled me to build themselves up or has been unkind to me.
You have never done that yo me so why would I want to hurt you.
You have been nothing but kind to me.

My deepest apologies if I have ever offended you.

Thanks for the tip on recycling halos. I wonder if they can be gold plated?

BTW I still haven’t found out what Mr Green stands for.
Can not the Tongue, Rolling Eyes and Mr Green all be used for “Just for just kidding?”

My Best intensions always
Jeanny

* Oh dear!
* My post was just a harmless joke as you had referred to your own halo in your previous message.
* I am not inclined to random outbursts of Shakespearean tragedy, neither do I theatrallically (if that is a word ?) wallow in human misery or slide into abysmal depression over a few droplets of spilled milk.
* I had been fully aware that you were kidding, so just stop worrying about it. Sorry you misunderstood what I intended to be a harmless answer.

* It may, indeed, be the case that referring to one´s halo carries a different meaning in US English and British English. Generally, in British English it is used as a sarcastic comment on your own fallibility or to the human foibles of others. Not all of us lead a life of mainly perfection :rolleyes:
* Of course, it has a proper meaning in art history when describing the depiction of Gods and saints from the antiquity onward.

Love and Cuddles from Vienna
Helmut

Attachments

• AnimatedGIF-AngelSmiley.gif~c200.gif
    AnimatedGIF-AngelSmiley.gif~c200.gif
    131.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Halo_02.gif
    Halo_02.gif
    131.9 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Sorry for my befuddled moment. :wink:

Being a mortal human sometimes gets in the way of life.
Depending upon past conditioning and circumstances at the time of an incident
I think we all have our own vulnerabilities and weak moments.

Thank you for your kind reassurance that all is well during my um . . .fragile moment.:roll:

The Cheetah 3D family is what keeps me going. Sometimes I fear loosing that family. :(

My Best Regards
Jeanny

PS I still don’t know the emotion Mr Grin denotes. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back