Renderings for an art pedestal

Renderings for an art pedestal

These are some studies for a display pedestal for a friend's pottery collection. Pots like to be lighted from below hence the transparent surface.

Since a hunk of plastic two inches thick I not inexpensive I wanted to see how it might look if I lamintated 3/8" instead. I reduced the vertical dimension of the top then cloned it vertically. I offset the clone by a small amount to make the layers more obvious.

I attempted to upload the rendering of a solid top but for some reason the upload failed.

...rmk

Attachments

• twistpedestal061005.jpg
    twistpedestal061005.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
---etc

Here is the same piece rendered with a solid top.

...rmk

Attachments

• twistpedestal061006a.jpg
    twistpedestal061006a.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 508
Hi,
very nice psychedelic background image. But maybe you might consider to render your scene with a higher antialiasing setting like 16x for the second oversampling pass (see camera object). That will give you much smoother edges.

Bye,
Martin

The idea of laminating 5 plys of clear acrylic struck me a WAY too much work.

This is the same piece with an acrylic torsion box top. A lot less work involved. If it can handle the torque then I will spend the bucks on solid acrylic for the final construction.

I rendered second pass at 4X - It took more than twelve minutes to complete. I run out of patience with long rendering times.

I use Cheetah to help me prototype projects before I build them. Once I am satisfied with the study I create working drawings in a CAD appand begin producing sawdust. These are studies for a piece that I am currently building. The legs are nine-ply laminated oak. Each ply is between 3/16" and 7/32" thick.

...sluggy

Attachments

• twistPedestal061010a.jpg
    twistPedestal061010a.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
I don't seem to be able to attach multiple images to one reply.

This is what the completed piece will look like.

...sluggy

Attachments

• twistPedestal061010Solid.jpg
    twistPedestal061010Solid.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 436
Wow, your renderings look much better now. :D And very nice table too of course.
Maybe you could use the entrance_hall_pano_small.hdr HDR texture which come with Cheetah3D. That might offer a nice background. But don't forget to set the HDRI type to "panorama" mode.

Bye,
Martin

Back