Cheetah3D at Twitter

Thanks Martin!

This is great news Martin I am a fairly active twitter user, and cheetah3d user too! I'm so excited for this!

I'd suggest Martin add a "tweet this render" button to the Render Manager or even provide a facility for automatically tweeting renders (or posting them to flickr, etc.) on completion.

I'd suggest Martin add a "tweet this render" button to the Render Manager or even provide a facility for automatically tweeting renders (or posting them to flickr, etc.) on completion.

v7 will allow direct uploading of images to Twitter, Facebook, Flicker and all the other online services supported by the OS X sharing services.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Last edited:
Just posted a little experiment on twitter where I exported a Cheetah3D model test to three.js - hope it picks up.

Actually I searched for a good modeler to create three.js models (I got stuck on UV mapping in javascript). I know Blender, 3dstudio and maya but it's just too bulky for me (and the latter two way too expensive).

When I found Cheetah3D I was immediately sold. It worked a bit like Imagine 3D I used back in the Amiga days, but now I can finally enjoy radiosity renders I made myself ;-) Not to mention the scripting support and such; Brilliant!

oh yes - here's the test: http://www.neverlab.com/three/
(Rotate with left mouse button+drag, zoom with pinch gesture or mousewheel and drag while holding right mouse button)

@neverlab

Last edited:
Just posted a little experiment on twitter where I exported a Cheetah3D model test to three.js - hope it picks up.

Actually I searched for a good modeler to create three.js models (I got stuck on UV mapping in javascript). I know Blender, 3dstudio and maya but it's just too bulky for me (and the latter two way too expensive).

When I found Cheetah3D I was immediately sold. It worked a bit like Imagine 3D I used back in the Amiga days, but now I can finally enjoy radiosity renders I made myself ;-) Not to mention the scripting support and such; Brilliant!

oh yes - here's the test: http://www.neverlab.com/three/
(Rotate with left mouse button+drag, zoom with pinch gesture or mousewheel and drag while holding right mouse button)

@neverlab

How is this done? It works but I don't know how you did it and where on twitter can this be seen?

I made the object and exported the battery shell and inner metal plates as .obj files. I mapped the texture on the battery shell with the UV editor, the three.js library is picking that up nicely. You have to make the mapping bitmap dimensions a power of two though, three.js is more restrictive in this than Cheetah.

There are lots of examples at the three.js website http://threejs.org/ It's a great library because it works cross browser (also mobile) quite nicely by now and actually looks like the standard thing to use if you want to do 3D webGL accelerated graphics online.

It shouldn't be to difficult to generate a three.js HTML export for Cheetah3D, who knows... it might lift the popularity of Cheetah3D

Where are They?

:smile: This is sentimental Granny Smith wondering where some of her children are.
Just wanting to keep her family together.

I know the forum has learned a lot from these people and now they have disappeared.
If any of you see this and you have a moment it would be great to hear from you.
What's going on in your life?

Pat88
Pablo Petzen
Mathilda

I know there are other missing persons but my memory fails me and I only just joined in 2011.
If anyone can add to this list please do so.

My Best
Jeanny

Hi Jeanny, I recently heard from Pat88, his shoulder
healed and took a job delivering cars around the UK.

Pablo is maybe 12 now and living his life, maybe using
Cinema 4D, we may hear from them again some time.

Mathilda, I have no Idea, but always enjoyed her creations.

That's our momma bear, thanks Jeanny.

Thanks Zoo

I recently heard from Pat88, his shoulder
healed and took a job delivering cars around the UK.
Glad to hear Pat is doing better. Delivering cars can't be conducive to a healthy shoulder.
Too bad he can't make a living in computer graphics.
Pablo is maybe 12 now and living his life, maybe using
Cinema 4D, we may hear from them again some time.
I'm always impressed that the very young are so skilled in computers.
That's our momma bear
I never had children but always wanted them. Motherly instincts stir me to want
to adopt everyone regardless of age as my kids or grandkids.

My Best
Granny Smith

Back