Cheetah3D 3.4 Beta2

Cheetah3D 3.4 Beta2

Hi,
here is the second public beta of Cheetah3D 3.4.

A list of the main new features in beta 2 can be found here:
Code:
-Added possibility to lock all parameters of an object 
  (see lock icon at upper right corner of properties editor)
-Replaced "Burn Transform" tool with "Coord system" tool
-Once again faster OpenGL preview 
-Fixes the bugs of Beta 1

Download link:
http://cheetah3d.com/download/Cheetah3D3.4b2.dmg

But please be aware that this is beta software. So don't use it on irreplaceable and important data.

Please post all your experiences with this beta version in this forum thread.

Many thanks for your help and all the bug reports I got from the first beta.

By,
Martin

The New Burn Transform Button

After moving an object and then selecting the new "Coordinate System" tool and then clicking the new "Burn Transform" button, the transform-origin is relocated only for Oject Mode and Point Mode (not for the Edge Mode or Face Mode). It should be relocated for all modes. (Cheetah3D3.4b2)

Hi Simm,
sorry but I wasn't able to reproduce that behavior. Can you reproduce it? Are you sure the you perform the burn transform on a editable polygon or spline object since it won't work on other parametric objects.
Normally the burn transform command doesn't depend on the actual editing mode in which you are.

Bye,
Martin

New Burn Transform Button

Hi Martin:

I was applying the new Burn Transform button to a box with rounded edges (made by several ring cuts and the Catmull-Clark Subdivide). This is repeatable in that the new center of transformation changes with the selected mode. Perhaps it is only relevant when the transformation is a rotation since the center of roation changes depending upon the mode. I hope this is clear(?).

Hi Simm,
sorry but I still can't reproduce it. I've also checked the code of that tool and I can't find a dependence on the mode.
Could you create a .jas file for me and send it via email. So I just have to apply the burn transform button to the object in the various modes. Maybe that helps.

Many thanks in advance.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. Can you reproduce that bug in Cheetah3D 3.3?

RE: Burn Transform Button

Yes, the behavior is the same with 3D v. 3.3 using the "Burn Transform" menu item. (I didn't know that until now.)

After moving an object and then selecting the new "Coordinate System" tool and then clicking the new "Burn Transform" button, the transform-origin is relocated only for Oject Mode and Point Mode (not for the Edge Mode or Face Mode)
I've have a go but can not reproduce the effect, sorry.

Andrew

new software ....

Dear Martin

3.4 works really well have been giving it a good bash and have not found any probs (will let you know if I do).

I also ran a quick test to see if the flicker problem has got better with radiosity and it's still a bit flickery but better.

I can remember if you had a fix on this yet ?

test file:

http://www.bocchinelli.com/test.mp4

Regards

Luke

luke Bocchinelli said:
3.4 works really well have been giving it a good bash and have not found any probs (will let you know if I do).

I'm happy to hear that.

luke Bocchinelli said:
I also ran a quick test to see if the flicker problem has got better with radiosity and it's still a bit flickery but better.

Sorry but I still didn't found the time to add the "reuse irradiance cache" feature. So the flickering should be the same as in v3.3. But decreasing the "error" property of the radiosity tag should help meanwhile.

Bye,
Martin

Back