render

Hi,
sorry that isn't possible yet. If you need images with a higher DPI just render a standard 72 DPI image with a higher resolution and change the DPI with Photoshop or another image converter.

By,
Martin

P.S. I know that the max. possible output resolution in Cheetah3D is quite limited for 300 DPI renderings. But changing that has a high priority on my to do list. :oops:

output resolution

I haven't even purchased the software yet, and was searching to see if illustrations could be rendered at good enough resolution for print. I was afraid it might be low dpi output -- but how large can the image be rendered? As large as 1800 pixels by 600 pixels would work for me (at 72 dpi).
I need to make 3d illustrations of pens for a print project. soon!

Last edited:
Hi,
the maximum render resolution in 4096x4096. That should be enough for most print jobs.

You can change the render resolution in the camera object.

Bye,
Martin

:D
Thank you so much for the reply!
Wish me luck, I'm going to get the software and dive in! I sure hope it comes with easy enough instructions!
Looks like a nice, friendly users' forum.
My immediate need is to render a few basic marking pens and map different labels to them, and output for some print projects and hopefully animate for web stuff also.
Thanks again,
jb

Back