Spline Memory Jogger

Spline Insert

:smile: Hi Everybody

To avoid confusing C3D users I decided to take the memory jogger out until I could do a better edited version.
I probably should wait until V7 comes out and see what tuts come from the pros.
I'll leave the conversation with Shift Studio up in case it may help anyone.

I'm having a Bad Brain Day. I better sign this in Granny Mode::p

My Best
Granny Smith

Last edited:
thanks for the Memory Jogger.
I too have to jog my memory, especially when it comes to inserting points.
Speaking of which, I think you're instructions aren't entirely accurate.

I think it needs to read "click on the spline on the 'darker green' side of where you want your point inserted" - or something like that.

--Shift Studio.

p.s. wouldn't it be nice if you could just click on the spline where you want your point inserted, rather than remember this rule, and rather than getting a bisected spline segment?

:redface: Oop! I messed up.
When I stated to click to the right of the area one wants to insert the point it should have read to the Left.
I've corrected that on the Memory Jogger.

Thanks for your input Shift Studio. What do you mean by the darker green side?
I don't see a darker green side of each area where I would like to add a point. Please see attachment.

Thinking I messed up the spline default colors (not untypical of me):rolleyes:
I checked the colors tab in the user preferences and it looks like the lighter green
indicates the over all Spline Start and the Darker indicates the Spline End.
I don't know what else you may mean. Please let me know OK?

Thanks
Jeanny

PS Another reminder: Make sure you are in Front view when making a spline or
your points will end up scattered all over the X Y and Z zones.(Been there done that):rolleyes:

Attachments

• Spline.png
    Spline.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 225
Hi Jeanny,

In C3D, start points of splines are very light, pale green, and end points are darker saturated green.

On your screen grab, I marked a blue arrow and a pink arrow.

The spline is 'darker' green by the pink arrow compared to near the blue arrow. So, if you want to insert a new point in your desired spot, you need to click near the pink arrow and not near the blue arrow.

Does that make sense?

Hope that helps.
--Shift Studio.

Attachments

• Spline.jpg
    Spline.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 228
Great! Thanks again for sharing your info and time.
Maybe you shout add this thread or one without my replies to the tutorial section?

take care,
--shift studio.

When I began redoing the spline memory jogger I ran into something I don't understand about inserting points on a spline.
Could someone please help me? Please see the attachment for explanation.

I'll be glad to clean up and add to my original memory jogger but now I'm confused and don't know what I am doing wrong.

Maybe I should take out the part about insert point or the whole thing or whole thread before I confuse others?

Jeanny

Attachments

• Spline Point Insert.png
    Spline Point Insert.png
    265 KB · Views: 188
Hi Jeanny, as far as I understand it, insert will always bisect two existing points.
And yes, if click in your red zone, its going to put the points way over on the bottom. Its not intuitive in my opinion.

If you want to get the point exactly where you wanted without moving anything, I think your multiple bisection method is the only way :(

Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

--shift studio.

Back