ripple+ script

ripple+ script

I need some help with the ripple+ script. right now heres what Im doing and my problem, I select the script make the size I want then add one or two balls under it I check on use ball set the time to zero click record then i go a few frames forward and add time and click on drop ball click record, so the first time it runs through looks good but when it repeats the water doesnt start calm even if on the first key if i click calm and record no effect. and also how would u go about using more balls but timing them so after one drops another follows?

Hi,

I had to add some docs about Ripple+.js. Please check a original script 'Ripple.js' posted by Todd in first post of this thread ( he updated it ).

the property 'time' is trigger for wave culclation. the vlaue of 'time' has no meaning actually, a difference from 1st frame to end frame of animation is just important.

if you checked 'use Ball', the drops will appear using Ball object's position. Ball's X and Z mean position of dropping, Y means timing of dropping, and Ball radius means drop size.

Wave Object has 'culclation step' property internally. this script use this value for timing of drop in auto drop mode. 'Calm' and 'Register' buttons reset this value.

it is too hard to explain this UI in english. Please refer this pics.

ch_20060623_rsp.gif

regards.

tg_jp

Last edited:
Hi all,

I see what your saying and have updated the script to now include a 'rest at zero' option. When checked it will calm the water at time zero. The ball height above the wave object determines when it will make a drop in the water. To space them out make the balls higher above the wave object.

have fun
Todd
http://www.geocities.com/todd_w_r/mov/ripple.js.zip

ToddWR said:
Hi all,

I see what your saying and have updated the script to now include a 'rest at zero' option. When checked it will calm the water at time zero. The ball height above the wave object determines when it will make a drop in the water. To space them out make the balls higher above the wave object.

have fun
Todd
http://www.geocities.com/todd_w_r/mov/ripple.js.zip

Thanks for the updated script but Im still have the same problem, maybe you could reply with a cheetah project and i could see what u did or u can record screen or something, Thanks

Hi,

I checked your movie. If you want drops automatically, you have to check 'auto drop' property.

'use Ball':
checked -> drop with Child object Ball properties.
unchecked -> drop with random

'auto drop':
checked -> if drop info is recorded, drop with recorded info while animation.
unchecked -> no drop while animation.

I captured movie of Ripple.js. Please check this movie, I hope it will help your problem.

http://homepage.mac.com/camelio/ch_tutorial/ch_20060624_rpcapture.mov (h.264 43.79MB)

regards.

tg_jp

p.s. Why not you use '~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts/' folder for custum script? I think it is convenient for managing scripts after updating Cheetah3D's next version...

Thanks tg_jp your video really helped me out, after watching, i tried it out and it now works, in the process a light blub went off and now i know that just because it plays as a loop the script wont start over so u gonna go to that first frame and calm. Thank you so much.

Back