Cheetah3D 3.3 Beta2

Cheetah3D 3.3 Beta2

Hi,
here is the first public beta of Cheetah3D 3.3. The biggest new feature is depth of field rendering of course. Cheetah3D 3.3 can now render physically correct raytraced DOF. Calculating DOF via a post process will be added in a later update.

A list of the main new features can be found here.
Code:
-Added depth of field rendering
  -raytraced depth of field
  -DOF tag
-Added "blue print" object
-Added "background image" property to camera object
-Added record all parameters "via double click" on record button
-Added FOV zoom (hold "SHIFT" key while dragging the zoom camera toolbar icon)
-Added partial UV unwrapping
-Fixed Script tag "editable" bug
-Fixed Script obj "copy&paste" bug
-Fixed auto-highlighting bug (no longer selects hidden polygons)
-Fixed bug in .3DS loader
-Fixed memory leak in script environment
-Fixed bump mapping bug (with radiosity)
-Fixed caustic bug (light could pass through nontransparent objects)
-many other small bug fixes

Download link:
http://cheetah3d.com/download/Cheetah3D3.3b2.zip

But please be aware that this is beta software. So don't use it on irreplaceable and important data.

Please post all your experiences with this beta version in this forum thread.

Many thanks for your help.

By,
Martin

Thanks for the update Martin!. The new features are great. I like the blueprint object which helps a lot with modelling my karman ghia. I also tried (very quickly) the DOF tag and the camerabackground. Both work very good. I'm going to play a bit more with the DOF settings. So no problems so far.

Regards,

Peter

background image tiling?

"-Added "background image" property to camera object"
When I put an image on a simple plane and tile it, it also tiles the camera background image. see attachment.

Last edited:
uncle808us said:
"-Added "background image" property to camera object"
When I put an image on a simple plane and tile it, it also tiles the camera background image. see attachment.

Hi,
thats a bug. Thanks for the tip. I've fixed it.

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin, I'm very impressed by the blueprint object, that makes it so simple to setup profiles now, the best I've seen in any app, fantastic.

This is my test image of features

Attachments

• Marbles.jpg
    Marbles.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
Style menu vs. Small Camera Icon bar

Hi,

Thanks for a great piece of software.

Sorry if this is a known issue (didn't see it mentioned elsewhere), but when I split my Cheetah window to 4 panels, the "Style" menu bar slides *behind* the Small Camera icons. When I click on the camera icons, the Style menu pops up. It took me a little while to realize that the style menu was behind the other icons. Widening the panel slightly solved the problem.

Not sure what the ideal solution to this is. Pushing the camera icons to the right/out of the frame; dynamically scaling the width of the menu columns; enforcing a min width to each panel; or ?

I see this with 3.2 and 3.3b2.

Thanks again for this excellent product!

Taran Reese

right now im having the hardest time with the blue print
heres my problems where u load the front pic i only see it on back view and back pic can also only be seen through front but the right and left seem to work and also where u load the right pic when i view it its flipped and i dont know if blueprint is to work as on program http://www.luxology.com/community/tutorials/character/modeling_a_head/

i havent used that program only seen the videos but thats what i thought blueprint would be like
so i dont know if its an error on my end or that the way it is.

Help with DOF settings.

peer said:
Thanks for the update Martin!. The new features are great. I like the blueprint object which helps a lot with modelling my karman ghia. I also tried (very quickly) the DOF tag and the camerabackground. Both work very good. I'm going to play a bit more with the DOF settings. So no problems so far.

Regards,

Peter
I could use some help understanding the Depth of field settings. Thanks.

uncle808us said:
I could use some help understanding the Depth of field settings. Thanks.

Hi,
the docu of that tag will come with v3.4. Sorry that it didn't make it into v3.3.

Bye,
Martin

Back